Campaign Mode

Synthesia is a living project. You can help by sharing your ideas.
Search the forum before posting your idea. :D

No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
Strainer

Post by Strainer »

Hello everyone.

I just recently discovered Synthesia, and you bet I immediately ordered the necessery Midi2USB-Cable as well as a Learning Pack License.

One feature I would really appreciate though is some kind of "Campaign Mode", similar to what you find in GH and Rockband, where you have to complete a certain amount of songs (or Stars, whatever) to move on in the Campaign. There could also be some sort of story with the help of images and text to make this mode feel even more like a regular video game. I think this is a great way to motivate players.

It would be especially helpful if it was very easy to add these campaigns (I myself wouldn't mind xml for the start though). Another great advantage of this would be the possible inclusion of Online Scoreboards into this game mode.

Greets
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Lesson mode in combination with campagin mode would be very addicting I gues.s
English was my worst subject on school, so my language could be a bit awkward sometimes...
Strainer

Post by Strainer »

You say it, I guess after all the necessary gameplay features are worked through, Nicholas may find some time to look at the "video game aspects" of Synthesia. I agree on these priorities, but as I'm an old friend of Guitar Hero, I can't wait to contribute some ideas to a possible story/campaign/lesson mode. I'm also very curious about the visual upgrades that seem to be planned.

I might work out some concept screens of how I imagined a basic story mode to look like.

Greets
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Strainer wrote:One feature I would really appreciate though is some kind of "Campaign Mode"... I think this is a great way to motivate players.
I absolutely agree. This is something Synthesia needs. Badly.
Dantore

Post by Dantore »

For sure it should make people be addict of the game! :twisted:
Dantore

Post by Dantore »

When can we vote for that feature? I'm sure that everybody will rush on it!