Full-Time Synthesia

Have questions? Just saying hello? This is the place.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

The time has come.

Starting Feb-1, Synthesia is all I do. (Things will be speeding back up again.) :D
DC64

Post by DC64 »

What about your day job?
"And now for something completely different."
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Now Synthesia is my day job. ;)
jimhenry

Post by jimhenry »

Wishing you the greatest of success in this next step forward!
Jim Henry
Author of the Miditzer, a free virtual theatre pipe organ
http://www.Miditzer.org/
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

It's exhilarating... and scary.

I am also hoping for success! ;)
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Yep. Probably about the same speed (or a little faster) as the second half of 2010 was. Like, from now on. I have high hopes for 2011. This should easily be the most productive year the project has ever seen.

The difference this time is that I don't have to be a creepy hermit that doesn't answer the phone when my friends call anymore. ;) So, I can be well adjusted and work hard on Synthesia now.
TonE
Synthesia Donor

Post by TonE »

Nicholas wrote:Now Synthesia is my day job. ;)
Wow, are the sales that good, I hope this, they raise and raise and raise... :)
Good luck! At least for one year or so you can do this experiment! If not finding another coding job should not be difficult for you.

Probably Synthesia for iPad might be another interesting direction for you, even I will never buy an iPad. :)
Last edited by TonE on 01-31-11 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davaeron

Post by davaeron »

Good luck!
TieDyeGuy

Post by TieDyeGuy »

Outstanding, Nicholas! Every coder's dream. :mrgreen: /w envy
Thanks - tdg
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best. - FRANK ZAPPA
613Skier

Post by 613Skier »

Congrats Nick, best of luck. Pursue you're dreams. As an absolute noob to piano I'm now playing songs on my own thanks to your program. Cheers.
maccer

Post by maccer »

That's great news! Congratulations! Now let's hope you get lots and lots of people who register the app so that you don't have to regret your decision!

I almost become a bit jealous :-) I wish I'll be able to go full-time with some really interesting and meaningful programming project some day, too!
Songs learned using Synthesia:
CT: Wind Scene, The Trial | FF7: Prelude | SMB: Overworld, Underwater | Tetris: Theme A | Zelda: Lost Woods | Other: Für Elise
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Don't be jealous! Having things grow to be successful means you have to work a lot harder. Easily more than half my time is now spent handling inquiries and keeping up on correspondence (and I'm still doing a really poor job with both of those). Don't get me wrong: it's a lot of fun, and the freedom is really cool. Though, the work keeps me busy and the (lack of) sense of security is a brand new feeling that I'm still getting used to. How nerve wracking! :D
DC64

Post by DC64 »

You may feel a little bit safer with McAfee Security
http://www.mcafee.com/us/
I would like to see this site McAfee approved/secure.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

I meant financial security, DC64. If people stop buying the Learning Pack, my family doesn't get to eat food... ;)
DC64

Post by DC64 »

Well we all do like to eat food.
Goldflinger

Post by Goldflinger »

hello
just stumbled across your site / forum after downloading synthesia free ...ive been to three piano lessons so far so and have absolutely no musical background or experience ..and im lovin it ,,ive had a keyboard for ten years and never even considered playing it now i cant put it down.... keep up the good work its inspirational to noobs like me ...when ive got my fingers loosend up and my brain starts to work im sure ill be on the road to actually playing something ..instead of just randomly pushing keys once in a while wishing i could play ...he he he ...........
think ill drop by once in a while
thanks
goldflinger..
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

This is great news !! :D

Are you planning to do 2 features from the voting list every month again ?
English was my worst subject on school, so my language could be a bit awkward sometimes...
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Kasper wrote:Are you planning to do 2 features from the voting list every month again ?
That would always depend on which features. If they're small, I might be able to do twenty. If they're huge, it might take a few months just for one. ;)