0.8.1 Preview r1242

Archived development update discussion from past versions
Archived development updates.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

PREVIEW r1242
Download from the pink box above.

Changes in r1242 since r1223:
  • The "Avg Speed" stat in melody practice has been updated to show "Actual Speed". (Topic)
  • Added "Gameplay.LoopMaxErrors" to advanced section of config tool. (Topic)
  • Fixed clicking in the song library after changing pages with the mouse wheel. (Topic)
  • At a given MIDI time point, SysEx messages are always delivered first to solve non-deterministic ordering problems. Also, the "ignore SysEx" option was being ignored for songs on the command-line, dragged-in, or opened with a shell extension shortcut. (Topic)
  • Floating praise text should cause fewer hiccups on older hardware. (Though the combo text will probably still cause a little.) (Topic)
  • When using "Zoom to my keyboard" mode, the key view will now follow the active range after pressing Z and X. (Topic)
  • Recital scores now have a "recital" attribute in scores.xml to differentiate from rhythm practice scores.
Lots of fixes were piling up, so I wanted to get a preview in your hands while I wrapped up the fingering stuff. Right now the new "hand" icon during play doesn't do much. ;)
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

I just tested it out. The floating text bug is still there but only on combos. Sadly I get combos a lot. So it's still unplayable for me. (Will keep it disabled for now.)
If you can't fix the combo then could you make it so that it doesn't show? (then would just show good bad etc..)

Edit: I like the Actual Speed. :D
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Yeah, I just realized as I was writing up the preview notes that the combo text is also being dynamically re-created each time it changes. I was hoping it might be a little more usable now that only one text field had to update instead of two. I'll try to think of something.
vicentefer31

Post by vicentefer31 »

• Added "Gameplay.LoopMaxErrors" to advanced section of config tool.
Thanks Nicholas :D
Picasso: I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.
DC64

Post by DC64 »

When I look at the manual fingering, the hands are not showing up when clicking N.
"And now for something completely different."
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

DC64 wrote:When I look at the manual fingering, the hands are not showing up when clicking N.
Nicholas wrote:Lots of fixes were piling up, so I wanted to get a preview in your hands while I wrapped up the fingering stuff. Right now the new "hand" icon during play doesn't do much. ;)
DC64

Post by DC64 »

Oh, ok.
aria1121

Post by aria1121 »

Nicholas wrote:Right now the new "hand" icon during play doesn't do much. ;)
How couldn't I see that new icon? lol I guess the hands are right now on the keyboard instead of the screen
DC64

Post by DC64 »

Has the Drum channel been changed from 10 or 16 before?
Because when I play this in 8.0 the drums sound like a piano. in 8.1 preview (current one) it says piano not drums.
Angry Young Man.mid
(31.12 KiB) Downloaded 219 times
kiwi
Synthesia Donor

Post by kiwi »

Thx Nicholas for this new build no problem with it!
But i have 50 000 midi files and synthesia always scan it so maybe just a complete scan and build a database in xml sort would be great because it's really long to wait even with a dualcore :)
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

DC64 wrote:Has the Drum channel been changed from 10 or 16 before?
It's not my fault! TonE told me to do it! :D

Really though, channel 10 and 16 are just a convention. 10 is more popular. 16 is old and more MIDIs are using it for non-percussion than for percussion.
kiwi wrote:But i have 50 000 midi files...
Unless you're planning to play them all in one sitting, that sounds like a mis-management of your song library to me. ;) Un-watch some of those folders. :D
aria1121

Post by aria1121 »

Have you really listened at least once everyone of those 50.000?

Maybe you can transfer some of those MIDI's' track 16 to 10 or swap/combine them ?
DC64

Post by DC64 »

There should be the option to change between channel 10 . 16 . or 10 and 16 as the drum channel in settings.
Nicholas wrote: It's not my fault! TonE told me to do it! :D
It was your choise to listen. :D
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

DC64 wrote:It was your choise to listen. :D
You were totally posting in that same topic. It was your choice not to warn me then! ;)
DC64

Post by DC64 »

:lol: touché.
The only thing I posted in that topic that was significant was this:
DC64 wrote:I think we should do a countdown clock till 8.1 comes.
kiwi
Synthesia Donor

Post by kiwi »

Nicholas wrote:
kiwi wrote:But i have 50 000 midi files...
Unless you're planning to play them all in one sitting, that sounds like a mis-management of your song library to me. ;) Un-watch some of those folders. :D
No my midi files are organized in letter (folders with letters A,B,etc).
And i prefer to have them watched because i can use synthesia in a jukebox way.
I haven't listen them all and thats why i want to listen them in synthesia and make rating then.
That's why only build the database one time would be cool and save the result in a xml file or whatever.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

kiwi wrote:That's why only build the database one time would be cool and save the result in a xml file or whatever.
I was just being silly. 50k songs should work perfectly fine (and fast!)...

The changes I'm planning for the library should make it work well with a large number of files like that, even without a database file.
Lemo

Post by Lemo »

Glad to hear you're optimizing the startup :]
Nicholas wrote:When using "Zoom to my keyboard" mode, the key view will now follow the active range after pressing Z and X.
I just tested r1242 and this works fine with Z and X. However, as I mentioned in the topic, it also occurs with automatic octave switches (when Synthesia switches for you), and this one would need a fix too

Btw I love the new icon from previous release :mrgreen:

:::You don't wanna know:::
Stuff & experiments for Synthesia: Gramp v0.2SkinboxFireSynthVideoWebradio
kiwi
Synthesia Donor

Post by kiwi »

Nicholas wrote:
kiwi wrote:That's why only build the database one time would be cool and save the result in a xml file or whatever.
I was just being silly. 50k songs should work perfectly fine (and fast!)...

The changes I'm planning for the library should make it work well with a large number of files like that, even without a database file.
Synthesia is running fine but when i want to switch to the cursor became unresponsive unless synthesia have finished to rebuild the database.
I have noticed that synthesia build the entire database and then it rescan only one part when i press echap after to have play a song.

I hope you understand cause it's really annoying when i work on 3 songs or more...
Ellis

Post by Ellis »

There's Something About Scores. All my scores are different with this new Preview. I usually play the midis with 80% speed and the speed in the Practice Mode Score are 72%, 77%,..and I have never played songs with these speeds.