Has anyone tried "Piano Lesson Package for Synthesia"

Discuss methods, books, lessons, and websites you use to learn.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
sheraz

Post by sheraz »

Considering this package is for 30 Euros which is equivalent to 41.75 US dollars and costs even more than Synthesia itself, I thought it'd be better to get opinion who have purchased this package before I go ahead and invest into it. So all of you who have tried this out, please post your experience with this package here. Thanks a million.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

I've seen the complete contents of the package, but I haven't spent much time working with it. On top of having hands split, all the lessons include finger hints that are usable in Synthesia. Also, the eBook portion is pretty well done.

I encouraged Artur to include lots of sample material so people might be able to get a better feel for what he was offering. He made the first lesson available after that. I was kind of hoping it'd be the first ten or so. At least, that's what I would have done. ;)
sheraz

Post by sheraz »

I downloaded demo but there wasn't much to see what I'd get in the package. Anyway, I ended up buying it. I went through first 8 lessons and here is what I think of it.
It's precise and to the point. You start with very basic and move up step by step. The course is not heavy on theory (which I like). It's more about how to do it (hands on). If someone needs to get deep into theory, internet is your good friend. Tons of sites with a lot of info.
Since all the lessons are compatible with Synthesia, playing these lessons with learning package is like having a teacher looking over constantly and making sure that I practice lessons the right way.
So far I have gone to lesson 8. Today after I get home from work, I'll start with lesson 9 which focuses on playing with both hands independently (can't wait).
Will keep you guys posted as I move on.
hud

Post by hud »

this looks neat I assumed there would be something like this in the full version of synthesia though I can't really justify spending more than I spent on the synthesia software for a lesson pack.. it's awful expensive.
prankie

Post by prankie »

Considering the first lesson only has two notes the sample is sort of a joke. I'm interested, but probably won't buy it until I know what it contains.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

prankie wrote:I'm interested, but probably won't buy it until I know what it contains.
I'm sure that is feedback Artur would be interested in hearing. ;) Hopefully it won't take much to convince him to include more sample material.
prankie

Post by prankie »

Nicholas wrote: I'm sure that is feedback Artur would be interested in hearing. ;) Hopefully it won't take much to convince him to include more sample material.

If anyone I think Artur should listen to your advice. :)
I believe a lot people out there do want the lesson package, but the lack of information and relative steep price makes it hard to justify. He would definitely benefit from releasing more sample and a better overview instead of a table of content. More lessons could also be released on youtube that allows preview without leaking the actual files similiar to hdpiano's concept. Furthermore dividing to two smaller package could also help with sales even though I believe lowering the price would have much better effect on profit.
artur

Post by artur »

Hello everyone!

Thank you for your comments and views about the package. It's nice to read some opinions and experiences people have had with it so far. Sorry I haven't replied to this thread earlier as I was not aware of such :)

As many of you who have not purchased the package yet want to see more what's inside the package, I am starting to work on a new sample package, which will contain one lesson for each section: Theory, Basic lessons, Advanced lessons, Scales with color coded notation for sharp/flat notes, Chord inversions, Chord voicing and Etudes. Would this help you visualize little better for what's inside the "box"?

As for the price, I believe I have priced it quite fairly. I have spent numerous days planning and building the lessons so that they would be as efficient as possible. Also, a real single piano lesson is more or less priced the same as my package. Sure, you cannot compare apples and oranges, but I believe my package contains lot of apples for you to enjoy for the price.

I will inform you guys about the new sample package on the front page of my website and also here.
artur

Post by artur »

Here is a video I just created. I am sorry for the poor level of quality, I just don't know how to do the videos into Youtube. It seems Youtube repacked the video so the quality is poor.

Anyway, it should let you have a quick glimpse on what the package contains.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOeS_3JrayE
prankie

Post by prankie »

Thank you artur, looking forward to the new sample package. The youtube video also provided much better overview what the package contains.

If you want better quality on youtube, you have to upload a video with following format and add "&fmt=22" at the end of the link.

Compression: H.264
Size: 1280x720 px (HD/High Definition)
Bit Rate: 3000-5000 kbits/sec
Deinterlaced
sheraz

Post by sheraz »

Artur,
What about those who have already bought your package? Would we get all those updates for free as Synthesia does to it's buyers?
sheraz

Post by sheraz »

Never mind. I misunderstood your point. But still, if you decide to add more features to the package, would we get them for free considering we have bought the package?
artur

Post by artur »

sheraz wrote:Artur,
What about those who have already bought your package? Would we get all those updates for free as Synthesia does to it's buyers?
What updates are you talking about? We talked about improving the sample of the package which is already available for free on my website.

But you have given me a great idea of supplying all buying customers with a free update if I ever add some lessons to this package. :)
artur

Post by artur »

sheraz wrote:Never mind. I misunderstood your point. But still, if you decide to add more features to the package, would we get them for free considering we have bought the package?
We seem to be cross-posting here :D Yes, free updates for the addition to this package. ;)
sheraz

Post by sheraz »

Awesome. Thanks
artur

Post by artur »

Just released new version of the sample package, consisting of full portion on music theory, three first lessons and MIDI + PDF files for Lesson 19 - E Major scale.

I hope this package gives you better understanding of what the final package includes.
ForHonour

Post by ForHonour »

Hello,
I have purchased the lesson package and have not yet received any download links/package. Anyone has the owner's email contact??
Regards
artur

Post by artur »

ForHonour wrote:Hello,
I have purchased the lesson package and have not yet received any download links/package. Anyone has the owner's email contact??
Regards
info@arturgajewski.com

Send me an email and I will provide you a download link.
chsonnu

Post by chsonnu »

I've done the first ten lessons which are great. I'm stuck on 11 & 12 though. They're supposed to be reviews of the past lessons but they actually demand you do things you were never taught. Which fingers do we use on the bass clef lower octave? Index finger for note B and ring finger for note G? Or do we scale down like was taught in the previous lessons?
artur

Post by artur »

chsonnu wrote:I've done the first ten lessons which are great. I'm stuck on 11 & 12 though. They're supposed to be reviews of the past lessons but they actually demand you do things you were never taught. Which fingers do we use on the bass clef lower octave? Index finger for note B and ring finger for note G? Or do we scale down like was taught in the previous lessons?
I have intentionally left out the fingering for this lesson in order for you to come up with correct fingering. Based on my research, this lesson is the ideal moment for you to try out playing the notes based on sheet music without reading the fingering data. After all, sheet music doesn't include fingering information in real life. Also, there is no one and correct fingering for a note, it is all up to the player and his/her preference. Fingering is helpful in Etudes for you to learn the dexterity exercises, but for most part, fingering is what you make of it in order to play comfortably.

I am sorry I didn't make this clear in the lesson description. I can give you a hint, that with your right hand, start with your index finger and end it with your thumb. If you study this hint, you will realize how you come up with your own fingering that is logical ;)