Forum feature request: Showing line numbers in code tags

Synthesia is a living project. You can help by sharing your ideas.
Search the forum before posting your idea. :D

No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
TonE
Synthesia Donor

Post by TonE »

Is it possible the forum can display line numbers in code tagged text? This would make it easier to follow and possibly correct shared fingering text in the forum directly.

A few days ago I wrote already a converter from "TonE text format" to .synthesia files, by the push of a button, F5. F5 like "update the fingering information", kind of. It seems to work. Usage is very simple: You go over a midi file in FreeCommander and press F5. If there is such a "TonE text file" song.txt for a given song.mid, it will be converted to song.synthesia. However you need to add this folder into your watched folders. The next time you start Synthesia it should have all the new fingerings also there, ready to have fun!

With this tool now there are four ways to write fingering for .mid files:
1. inside of Synthesia, normally
2. inside of Synthesia, using a 5 button mouse
3. outside of Synthesia, using a 5 button mouse
4. outside of Synthesia, using special QWERTY mapping

The possibilities 2,3,4 are kind of new, and should make adding fingering easier and faster.

I attach Czerny 01 with fingering as an example, it contains the .mid, .txt, .synthesia files, so everything you need to play it in Synthesia. You can see the "TonE text file" also in the zip.
Attachments
Czerny 01 with fingering.zip
Czerny 01 with fingering, as a starting example
(1.57 KiB) Downloaded 456 times
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

TonE wrote:Is it possible the forum can display line numbers in code tagged text?
Hmm, I looked around a bit and didn't find a phpBB3 add-on that could do that. Though that is a neat idea I'm not opposed to. If you spot one, let me know and I'll install it.
TonE
Synthesia Donor

Post by TonE »

Oh, I thought maybe this feature is already in the set of forum features. I did not follow any forum features, for a long time. The last forums I was using as an admin are more than 15 years back. :lol: