Hide currenly pressed key from sheet

Synthesia is a living project. You can help by sharing your ideas.
Search the forum before posting your idea. :D

No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
stepancheg

Post by stepancheg »

Currently pressed key is displayed on the sheet.

I'd like to have an option to disable it (only show current position on the sheet). For two reasons:

— it distracts. If I press wrong key, both correct and wrong notes are displayed and it is hard to distinguish which one is correct. It is especially important for notes with flat, sharp or natural signs
— currently pressed note helps too much to find out which key I should press next (for example, if current if B and next is C). Instead of thinking which note corresponds which key I just move my finder to adjacent key. Thus it slows down learning.

It must not be hard to implement. Could you please do it?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

I just added a way to turn those sheet music notes off. It will show up in the next (8.4) version of Synthesia. There will be a new "Notation.ShowUserNotes" option in the Advanced section of the Synthesia Configuration utility. Turning that setting off will hide the notes you play from showing up in the sheet music area.
stepancheg

Post by stepancheg »

Woohoo! Thanks a lot!
stepancheg

Post by stepancheg »

Tried iPad version of Synthesia, and I like it. Requesting similar configuration option there.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

It's going to be interesting trying to get the advanced options into the iPad version. Many of them have been pulled out into that separate program because Synthesia itself isn't ready to have them be changed without restarting. (And recommending an app restart is an easy way to get rejected by Apple. ;) )

So it will take a little more work to make the code resilient to changes while things are already up and running.