Hanon and Czerny for Synthesia Users

Discuss methods, books, lessons, and websites you use to learn.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
TonE
Synthesia Donor

Post by TonE »

Yeah, I know this, but I prefer for now the independency of the files. You can share them separately. The end user can select and combine more freely, without having to take all the rest/noise. In the age of nonsense video or mp3 files, what are those small .xml overheads? :) FreeCommander users can filter anyway quickly any file types.
vicentefer31

Post by vicentefer31 »

TonE wrote:Yeah, I know this, but I prefer for now the independency of the files. You can share them separately. The end user can select and combine more freely, without having to take all the rest/noise. In the age of nonsense video or mp3 files, what are those small .xml overheads? :)
True.

And I insist about the idea of a link for all the contributions of TonE. His work should be known for all the users!!! :D
Picasso: I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.
DC64

Post by DC64 »

I agree, I might be missing or have duplicates of some files, so one large zip of all songs with fingerings would be nice, also with the main menu button.
"And now for something completely different."
Laserbeak43

Post by Laserbeak43 »

Hannon PWNZ!!!
Haven't tried Czerny yet!!! I'll give that a whirl too!!
thanks!!
Philolog65

Post by Philolog65 »

Hail Hanon! That's all I can say. :D
Seriously though, these are exercises that are both rewarding and not boring to play! Just great.
seventyfive

Post by seventyfive »

I'm having trouble using some of the files linked in this thread - I'm on a Mac, using os 10.6.8, and neither the .rar nor the .synthesia files will open in synthesia, or even just on my desktop. I was able to open and use the .zip file containing Czerny 01...10

What am I doing wrong? do I need to change the file extensions? Is there an alternate zip file somewhere? How does one use the .synthesia files?

Thanks in advance!
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

If you place .synthesia files in some folder that is scanned by Synthesia (generally in the same place you keep your MIDI songs), the metadata should be loaded and used automatically.
TonE
Synthesia Donor

Post by TonE »

Nicholas wrote:If you place .synthesia files in some folder that is scanned by Synthesia (generally in the same place you keep your MIDI songs), the metadata should be loaded and used automatically.
But not via the command line. :lol:
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Soon. ;)
TonE
Synthesia Donor

Post by TonE »

Nicholas wrote:Soon. ;)
Also outside of watched directories, if I remember correctly, or did this great idea change?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

It has not changed. From the command-line (or dragging a file in) the containing folder will be scanned for .synthesia files. Any found will be ingested immediately before loading the song.
TonE
Synthesia Donor

Post by TonE »

Great, now only the midi ports have to work. :shock:
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Did you try that suggestion in the other thread where someone mentioned they had the same problem but after they set up their keyboard's note range it started to work for them? Did that solve it for you?
TonE
Synthesia Donor

Post by TonE »

I did not try this, as you wrote it should not matter. I will try again, if I have a keyboard here.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Oh, it shouldn't matter in theory. It definitely sounds like there is a bug afoot. Though if it did work, it might be a nice workaround in the meantime.
AlexHHHHHH

Post by AlexHHHHHH »

Great, thank you all!
wlashack

Post by wlashack »

I only want to thank for these great piano learning midi files. I am a beginner and I find them as a great tool for practicing.
Thanks a lot.
LetyDj

Post by LetyDj »

Thank you a lot!!!! :!:
With these files and the learning pack I just bought... I have a lot of hours of fun! :D
I have 2 days using Synthesia and I'm really excited!
I'm from Spain and I have just bought a M-Audio Keystation 61es running at Mac OsX, all works perfectly!!
(lol sorry for my poor English) Thanks again for all!!
TonE
Synthesia Donor

Post by TonE »

I added another 10 fingerings for Czerny, now for Czerny 11..20. Included is also for the new background image feature my universe.jpg example which is used also. Enjoy.

If you want to see what I did, I included also my 'source .txt files in TonE format' which I am writing in my text editor, emacs, one line is one bar. After finishing all bars, I push while being on the song.mid the F5 button in FreeCommander which generates its *.synthesia version. The AutoHotkey script I am using, I shared also somewhere in this forum. Then I can start the song in Synthesia, with fingering, using F3.

The whole process as a summary:
1. Write fingering in TonE text format
2. push F5 (for converting from TonE text format to *.synthesia format)
3. push F3 (for playing in Synthesia to check quickly once if there are any mistakes)
Attachments
Czerny_11-20_with_fingering.zip
(330.46 KiB) Downloaded 2638 times
lukasprimahatva

Post by lukasprimahatva »

wait..
i can't download them, it says something http reply