8.5 Preview r2257, r2263 - Bug fixes!

Archived development update discussion from past versions
Archived development updates.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

PREVIEW r2257
Download from the pink box above.

Changes in r2257 since official 8.4 release:
  • Settings should be able to be saved again, even if your Windows username contains a Unicode character.
  • Finger hints should be exempt from the "reset everything!" that happens when you use the Previous Bookmark button.
  • Keyboard zoom should be more stable between song attempts.
  • Sheet music resize bar should no longer appear above bookmark/finger hint/loop controls while paused.
  • Sheet music resize bar now moves with sheet music again when Gameplay.PinMenuDrawerOpen is off.
  • The zoom popup's controls shouldn't fall outside its window boundaries anymore when "My Keyboard" is an available option.
  • "boost::filesystem::equivalent" crashes shouldn't happen anymore.
That's about half the bugs. I want to knock out the other half within a couple days. There is one new "feature" coming too... but it's really more to solve a bug that I haven't been able to find an explanation for yet. This code technically contains some iPad fixes too, but they're not worth mentioning here. Bugs, bugs, bugs! :lol:
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

PREVIEW r2263
Download from the pink box above.

Changes in r2263 since r2257:
  • Unicode user profile names work now for realsies.
  • Rests in sheet music should no longer sometimes show a strange drawing glitch.
  • Wacky keyboards that send "All Notes Off" instead of regular Note Off messages are now (sort of) supported.
  • Made the color definitions for the various UI gradients less crazy.
Still a few left after this and that new (bug-fix) feature thing.
Korados

Post by Korados »

Hello Nicholas,

I'm very glad that you released the 8.5 preview! But I have bad news for you: I still have the problem that the folder list button
isn't available in my library! I already cleared the AppData folder and everything but for some reason, it won't show up!

I made a screenshot of the top of my library:

Is there anything I can do to help you fixing this problem?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Looking into your auto-group problem is one of the "still a few left after this" items. :D

Hopefully I'll get there in the next day or two. I wanted to have 8.5 out by the end of January... and here we are, so I'm in crunch mode now.
kiwi
Synthesia Donor

Post by kiwi »

Yeah i 'll try this gem soon thx Nicholas!
Pianorama

Post by Pianorama »

Will try it in the morning. Also JFYI, it occurred to me that a lot of us may not always leave feedback like we should. Just multiply every feedback times a 1000. There are many of us simply enjoying your program to no end. Thank you Nicholas!
skyhawko450

Post by skyhawko450 »

Hi Nicholas. Just wanted you to know that I had no problems with settings after loading the newest update. Great!
Bob
kiwi
Synthesia Donor

Post by kiwi »

noticed that when i want to rate a song it choose the song at the top of my cursor so it's hard to rate a song my monitor resolution is 1360/768 in any case...
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

kiwi wrote:noticed that when i want to rate a song it choose the song at the top of my cursor...
Coincidentally, I received the same report via email a few days ago, but from someone in China where there was quite a language barrier. I've been going back and forth since then trying to figure out what problem they were having. With your one-sentence explanation everything clicks into place now. (They kept referring to the difficulty slider as a volume control, which threw me off for a few emails. :lol: )

I can reproduce it on my side. Not sure what's going on yet, but it'll be fixed in the next preview.
AndyScottsman

Post by AndyScottsman »

Settings not saved.
Fantastic program, but still I can not get my profile saved. Each time I have to configure everything again.
I run Synthesia in a Linux system with Ubuntu Wine.

Solved: Upgraded from Ubuntu 10 to 12.04LTS, reinstalled wine, and now settings are saved. :D
Last edited by AndyScottsman on 02-25-13 5:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
ttc014

Post by ttc014 »

There is a bug i found when I try to press F3, the program crashes! It only happens if the sheet is absent.
kiwi
Synthesia Donor

Post by kiwi »

Nicholas wrote:
kiwi wrote:noticed that when i want to rate a song it choose the song at the top of my cursor...
Coincidentally, I received the same report via email a few days ago, but from someone in China where there was quite a language barrier. I've been going back and forth since then trying to figure out what problem they were having. With your one-sentence explanation everything clicks into place now. (They kept referring to the difficulty slider as a volume control, which threw me off for a few emails. :lol: )

I can reproduce it on my side. Not sure what's going on yet, but it'll be fixed in the next preview.
Glad i can help feel free to ask more if necessary beetween windows is in french here.
and it appears in some previous build too.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

ttc014 wrote:There is a bug i found when I try to press F3, the program crashes! It only happens if the sheet is absent.
Nice catch! I can reproduce it. It'll be fixed in the next preview.