How do I know if my lighted Keyboard is compatible?

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
Taeism

Post by Taeism »

Hey everyone! Thanks first and foremost for taking the time to read this!

I have a quick q for anyone out there that might know:

I am going to purchase a lighted keyboard to use in conjunction with Synthesia ( I have all the MIDI equipment required already ) but I noticed that there are a couple of Casio and Yamaha's already pre-registered on some of the Channels within Synthesia but unfortunately they're all 61 key which just won't suffice, lol.

My question is whether or not those 61key models are the only ones capable of the lighted-keys feature working or whether or not I can purchase an 88key lighted keyboard /w midi capabilities and have confidence in that feature also working with Synthesia.

In the event this question has already been answered, my apologies for a repeat but if not, any extra insight on this matter would be GREATLY appreciated - especially since I am looking to invest up to $500 for a good keyboard that has the lighted keys feature, lol.

I noticed there are not a lot of options left with keyboards that have an 88 lighted key feature but I'm gonna find one come heck or highwater, haha.

Thanks again guys :).

marthart

Post by marthart »

Casio CELVIANO AL-100R
Looks like it will fit what you want, although I dont know if it will work with Synth.
Casio also do
PRIVIA PX-500L

Mart
marthart

Post by marthart »

The Privia looks quite good and there is one for sale localy.

could get tempted, will it work though ?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Taeism wrote:My question is whether or not those 61key models are the only ones capable of the lighted-keys feature working or whether or not I can purchase an 88key lighted keyboard /w midi capabilities and have confidence in that feature also working with Synthesia.
Those aren't the only ones, just the most popular. I haven't heard of a keyboard with lights that doesn't work with Synthesia.

Good luck in your search!
Taeism

Post by Taeism »

Thank you guys SO much for the great feedback! This is of tremendous help!