two german Folksongs

Share your original or public domain compositions here!
Request popular music with the suggestion form on the music store, not here!

All MIDI attachments must be one of the following:
  • Your own, original work submitted under some license that permits free private use (I recommend public domain or Creative Commons).
  • Adapted from works created prior to 1923. This goes for both the composition and arrangement. This means you cannot post MIDI versions of recent songs.
almachua1

Post by almachua1 »

ok,
it isn't much going on here. So i share two of my arrangements for old german Folk-Melodies (i am german). The rest should bring some money as a booklet. 8-)
I choose the two songs, which are most well known outside Germany.
Please write, wether you like it or not.
Attachments
die Lorelei.mid
don't know the English name
(1.25 KiB) Downloaded 268 times
stille nacht 2.mid
"silent night" in English
(998 Bytes) Downloaded 247 times
Last edited by almachua1 on 01-17-14 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Both of those are very nice. I had never heard "die Lorelei" before.
almachua1

Post by almachua1 »

Nicholas wrote:Both of those are very nice.
thank you.
Nicholas wrote:I had never heard "die Lorelei" before.
which german folksongs do you know? Maybe "muss i denn zum Städtle hinaus"? It was also sung by Elvis Presley, wenn he was a GI in Germany (Wooden Heart).
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

almachua1 wrote:which german folksongs do you know? Maybe "muss i denn zum Städtle hinaus"? It was also sung by Elvis Presley, wenn he was a GI in Germany (Wooden Heart).
Ha! I hadn't heard that one either, but that is a fun video.
almachua1

Post by almachua1 »

they have been downloaded several times. Has anybody studied one of these songs? How do you assess the degree of difficulty?
Pianotehead

Post by Pianotehead »

I'd say probably medium, rather than hard, if we use the grading system of Gilbert de Benedetti, the one who made the MIDI files that are included with Synthesia. That is, if the songs were in that collection, they'd be in the medium group, number 2.