Download from the pink box above.
See the new Assigning Hands guide.
- Hand assignment and "Played by X" have been combined in a way that makes a lot more sense.
- Choosing "Custom" for a track's hand assignment opens a new screen that allows you to choose left/right/background on a note-by-note basis.
- From the same screen, you can "discard" a note, which will hide and mute just that note.
- MIDI channel number is now shown in each track box (to help map things to VSTi, etc.).
- The Simple/Advanced views no longer duplicate any functionality and have much clearer defined roles.
- Sheet music can now be shown or hidden during play (it auto generates for the current hand selection).
- Music output devices now have an "Output Channel" setting, which is handy for older keyboards that don't listen on all channels.
- User pitch bend events are now sent to output.
- Key lights now persist for the entire duration of a note.
- Removed a few more command line options. (Sorry again, TonE!)
- The vertical divider lines between B/C and E/F are now shaded alternately to help quickly find your place on the keyboard.
- Substantially improved MIDI loading speed.
- Large MIDI songs now consume much less memory.
- Improved anonymous analytics to include whole performances. (This enables lots of cool future features!)
- Advanced option to allow Free Play to send events using all MIDI channels.
- Shimmied our pause controls down onto the keyboard to make more room in the falling note area.
- Loops no longer show as looped while creating loops.
- Bookmarks can now be created at the very beginning of a song.
- Bookmarks and finger hints can now be changed after the end of a loop once again.
- Measure lines no longer jitter at slow song speeds (finally)!
- Synthesia now only prevents screensavers when it's active.
- The OpenGL renderer should no longer show texture filtering artifacts.
- SysEx events are no longer duplicated (many times!) while loading format 0 songs.
- Improved "Synthesia already running" detection, which should help prevent data file corruption.
- Improved data file writing to hopefully (once again) avoid data corruption.
- Don’t consume 100% CPU on OS X when the Synthesia window is in the background.
- Loops that start at the beginning of the song will no longer reset their stats each loop.
- Fixed a crash during... crash uploading.
- Synthesia now internally keeps track of time much more accurately. (E.g., the FPS counter now jitters much less.)
- Tablet password boxes now show the last-typed character correctly.
- Flagged the Windows executable to allow >1GB of RAM usage, for gigantic MIDI files.
- Improved touch input on Windows.
- A few finger hint fixes to the built-in songs.
- A few language fixes.
Let's see. Colors merged with shown/hidden. Hands merged with Played by Me/Synthesia. Sheet music moved right to the play screen. The "Advanced" view isn't very advanced anymore (and is one step away from being merged right into what used to be called the "Simple" view).
Lots and lots of things changed under the hood. Things got a lot simpler without sacrificing any capability -- I'd describe it as Synthesia now expresses its ideas more clearly -- but you should still expect to find some quirkiness. Changing that much all at once is bound to leave a few loose ends. Let me know if you spot anything that doesn't look right! Thanks!