Q: Anyway to have score automatically take whole screen?

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).
  • If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
  • If you have a Logitech webcam and can't get your keyboard/adapter to work, see this post.
rennzen

Post by rennzen » 05-23-15 8:42 am

Is there a way to have the score take up all the screen space (You know where the notes flow downwards in colored bars) and in a way that it is automatic so i don't have to fidget with it every time i select a song? Thanks in advance!

Nicholas

Post by Nicholas » 05-23-15 1:42 pm

There will be, starting in Synthesia 11. (Today there is not, sorry.)

rennzen

Post by rennzen » 05-25-15 9:47 am

Nicholas wrote:There will be, starting in Synthesia 11. (Today there is not, sorry.)
No worries! Thanks for letting me know!

Are there any plans on adding features like note reading, score reading, rhythm reading? For example you load up an exercise from the song list called "Note reading" just like there is "Scale exercises"; but it randomly generates notes for you to practice note reading.

Also any plans for a "Memorize piece" mode where you select a song and it either helps you memorize the song you selected in various ways -and/or- it tracks the song as you play it and compares it to the midi and gives you stats and comparisons as to offer the user a way to improve their playing when it comes to memorizing songs and playing songs from memory well.

Nicholas

Post by Nicholas » 05-26-15 5:29 pm

rennzen wrote:... just like there is "Scale exercises"; but it randomly generates notes for you to practice note reading.
This is something I'd like to add, but high quality random notes are dramatically different from plain random notes. (Plain random sounds more like noise than it does music.)

When we get a chance to tackle something like this, I want to look into some cooler technology like this. Those samples at the end of that article are really impressive considering they're 100% machine-generated! I was thinking of contacting those researchers and seeing if we might be able to integrate that algorithm right inside Synthesia. Then, you'd be able to "feed" it some of your favorite songs and have it generate endless(!) sight-reading practice from them.
rennzen wrote:Also any plans for a "Memorize piece" mode...
I have a few ideas along these lines, too, but they're probably a little further out (or at least less developed) than the sight reading stuff.

rennzen

Post by rennzen » 06-01-15 9:24 pm

Thank you for your time and the work you do on synthesia, it is a great program and i appreciate it.