Activation Key

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
Asteri

Post by Asteri »

Hi everyone,

Can anyone help me, please? I bought a product key long time ago.
But when I copy the key into the clipboard, and then I paste it in Synrhesia there is nothing . S I'm not able to activate the software!

Thanks for any response.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Hi Asteri,

Is it asking for a "short code" now, instead? If you bought your unlock key before short codes existed, all you need to do is have another copy sent out. That new email will contain your short code.

Try entering your email address into that form, and let me know if that helps. Thanks!
Asteri

Post by Asteri »

Yep, the short code solved the problem!

Thank you very much!
Pianotehead

Post by Pianotehead »

I have the same problem, but I can't use the Retrieve page. This is the message I get:

We couldn't find your key. Double check your email address.

Do you remember if you had a different email address back then?

I actually changed my email address a few minutes ago. Is it possible that the change hasn't been updated in the database? If so, how long does it take? My old email address doesn't exist anymore, so I can't use that one anymore.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Send a message to support@synthesiagame.com with your old and new email addresses. We can update your unlock key to point to your new address. (Unlock keys use a different system than forum accounts, unfortunately.)

EDIT: Nevermind! I found an email that you sent back in 2011 (when you were helping with finger hints) from the account your unlock was associated with. I just updated it and sent out another copy.
Pianotehead

Post by Pianotehead »

Thanks Nicholas, now I also have Synthesia on my mobile phone, it'll be good to be able to study songs on the train. ;) Clumsy of me to forget to tell you the old email address, luckily you still had it from the days of the finger hints work.
Pianotehead

Post by Pianotehead »

Just so it's clear, my problems were about installing the Android version. I have had the activation key saved to my computer all the time, and the unlocked Synthesia survived the upgrade to Windows 10, that is, I didn't have to insert the new one. Still, I have retrieved the new key, and I'm assuming I will use that one on a new desktop or laptop, if either of my current ones breaks down.
Nick2331

Post by Nick2331 »

I am having the same problem as Pianotehead. I purchased Synthesia about 3 years ago and I wanted to install it on my new laptop but I cant retrieve my short code. Unfortunately I cant find my original confirmation of purchase, any suggestions?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

If you've still got your long code, you can hold your Shift key while launching Synthesia to open the configuration window. The long-code entry is still available there.

Otherwise, email support@synthesiagame.com with anything else you can remember beyond "about 3 years ago": other potential email addresses, the name it might be under, etc.