Change Video Creater soundfont

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
James629

Post by James629 »

Hello,

I'd like to create my own synthesia videos via the video creator and upload those videos on youtube.
Right now I am facing the following two problems:

1. How do i change the soundfont used by the video creator? I managed to change the sound used by the actual program via VirtualMIDISynth, but it seems like
that sound is not being used by the video creator.

2. Since there is only one video format offered by the video creator and that "webm" format is not really compatible with youtube, can anyone tell me how
i can properly upload that video on youtube? I have already tried an online webm to mp4 converter but there was quite a big quality loss.

Thanks for reading :)
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

1. There is a DLS file box right in the interface. You can change it directly to another DLS ("Downloadable Sounds") font.

2. The weird part is that webm is YouTube's internal, default format. (It was even created by Google!) I'm not sure when they added a the "30 seconds of blackness" bug to their upload process. It's unfortunate. In the meantime, Handbrake does a nice job of converting to mp4.
James629

Post by James629 »

Thanks for your very fast answer!

I feel really stupid right now because i can not find any dls. files :(

VirtualMIDISynth does only offer sf2 files afaik.

And when i googled "dls files download" (and other combinations) i was not able to find any dls file i could use?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

There is definitely a more limited selection than you can find for SF2 files, but I've heard that "Fury" and "Airfont 340" are both pretty nice.
James629

Post by James629 »

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate your fast support :)
kiwi
Synthesia Donor

Post by kiwi »

Yes fury does a nice job! it's light and sound good.

What is the default dls of the video creator?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

The default DLS is just the built-in sound set in whichever operating system you're using. Although Windows and macOS both use a slightly different variation of the tiny 2-4 MB Roland GS sound set.
Ziilz

Post by Ziilz »

nicholas, i convert sf2 file into dls file with awawave studio, why after i export into video, there are no sound. thanks for respone
kiwi
Synthesia Donor

Post by kiwi »

Certainly something wrong with awave studio i had also difficulties when i have tried with it.

Thanks Nicholas for the answer ;)
Ziilz

Post by Ziilz »

kiwi what soundfont u use? do u know what soundfont that peter Plutax and marioverhreher use?