Visual effects?

Collaborate with other modders to make Synthesia the way you want it.
Always the latest versions: [ colors.xml | ui.xml ]
Read the Getting Started topic to learn how important it is to MERGE YOUR CHANGES every time you download a new dev preview.
Pgsa

Post by Pgsa »

Hello, I've been browsing on YouTube for a while and I encountered this video, which got my attention

And now, I am desperately want to have that animation when pressing the note. Anyone have ideas how to achieve that?
Sorry if I am putting this in wrong section - newbie here.
jimhenry

Post by jimhenry »

That is not an animation. That is a real performance edited together with a Synthesia playback.
Jim Henry
Author of the Miditzer, a free virtual theatre pipe organ
http://www.Miditzer.org/
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Yeah, there is a lot going on there. (And it's pretty cool!)

Not only does it look like he's added some neat fluid-dynamics based particle simulation on top of Synthesia's existing spark effects, but there also appears to be some custom-timed/coordinated real-life lighting effect involved in getting the note colors to shine on his fingers (and the keys) realistically. Whatever he's doing, it took a lot of work and the results look pretty amazing.
jimhenry

Post by jimhenry »

Being an amazing pianist doesn't hurt either.
Jim Henry
Author of the Miditzer, a free virtual theatre pipe organ
http://www.Miditzer.org/
Pgsa

Post by Pgsa »

I understand the fact he is using the led lights, but I was hoping that the "spark" effect was achievable by some mod.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

That kind of effect is something we could consider for a future update of the Synthesia Video Creator. (I've been looking for an excuse to tinker with a Navier-Stokes simulation for the better part of two decades now!) If the simulation is fast enough to run in real-time, it might even make sense to enable it in the main Synthesia client for interactive use, too.

That said, I can't promise anything anytime soon. The upcoming Synthesia 11 release has our full attention at the moment.
Ziilz

Post by Ziilz »

Can i edit or add some particle effect on colors.xml or ui.xml like him?

Before :
Before
Before
Before.PNG (38.86 KiB) Viewed 19877 times
After:
After
After
after.PNG (27.06 KiB) Viewed 19877 times
Because i see, i can settings it in option
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (20.43 KiB) Viewed 19877 times
thanks. sry for my bad english.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

This is what the rest of this topic has been discussing so far.

It would be cool to have more advanced effects like the "After" you showed, but today Synthesia can't do it by itself.
kiwi
Synthesia Donor

Post by kiwi »

Well you are limited but you can change a little the sparkkles (shape & color)

Have make it on my skin (mac only)
nolanbbrewer

Post by nolanbbrewer »

I am pretty sure he uses Trapcode Particular in After Effects.