G Bbb Cb C D Fb F G Bbb Etc..

Have questions? Just saying hello? This is the place.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
Josh26Indy

Post by Josh26Indy »

Ok i got this showing up on my keys after i updated...

G Bbb Cb C D Fb F G Bbb Etc..

I hate it...

I'm used to ABC etc..
I cant seem to fix this and I'm too used to, what I'm used to...

I searched & didn't find a fix..
Should I roll back to an earlier Version?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

After you updated what? Did you modify a song? Or did you upgrade to the latest version of Synthesia?

We've had double-flat and double-sharp key labels since 2010 or so. Do you happen to remember which version you used to have?
Josh26Indy

Post by Josh26Indy »

No I upgraded my Synthesia. I don't remember what version i had. Is there anyway to get rid of this?

Im sure you guys did it for a reason...
but im not a pianist... Im a machinist.

And i Require an A B & E key...lol
Josh26Indy

Post by Josh26Indy »

well the current version seems to be 10.3...

i found a 10.2 installer online it works just fine...

But now im curious... if youve been using "Double flat" key lables since 2010 as you say...

And its 2017 now... did it take 7 years to go from 10.2 to 10.3..???

It would be really nice if we had a section for older versions.

If i have to go back to Bbb double flat because i lost my installer then i wont be able to use Synthesia anymore.

And why isn't D Fbb?

I realize pianists probably understand it... i doubt regular Dry cleaners or Auto mechanics or waitresses who want to learn understand this. I certainly dont. And i cant imagine a real pianist using a learning tool to play around on piano with. Its cool that you have the option... but for me its a huge pain. I have to go back now & redo a weeks worth of videos because i didn't notice the Bbb thing. until id made 20 videos or so.

Easy fix... make an option to switch between Bbb & whatever Bbb is in normal keys...
Or have older installers on the download page...

Thanks again for all the help fellas.
Love Synthesia... its def a great program.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

(After skulking around the machining section of YouTube for a year or so, I finally decided to get a hobby/miniature lathe and mill a couple years ago. Machining -- at least by hand using the older-style tools -- is fun!)

I don't remember any changes to labeling between 10.2 and 10.3... although, I'm often mistaken. :D The labels do depend on the key signature of the particular song you're playing. So, if you tested a different song in 10.2 that would explain why they appeared different. In fact, one workaround is to use a MIDI editor to fake a key signature like C Major. Then you'll get the "normal" labels.

Really, this request has come up often enough that I'm going to try and get a new label mode added in the next development preview. It's going to be called something like "Standard" and it's just going to be the usual C, D, E, F, G, A, B on just the white keys, regardless of key signature. (No labels on the black keys.) That sounds like what you're looking for.
Josh26Indy

Post by Josh26Indy »

Trust me my friend... The charm wears off when you do it for a living...lol