Sheet music underneath falling notes

Have questions? Just saying hello? This is the place.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.

Postby vleigh721 » 01-01-18 8:18 am

hi
is there a way to put the sheet music underneath the falling notes rather than on top of them?

thanks

V
vleigh721
 
Posts: 2

Postby Nicholas » 01-01-18 1:54 pm

There isn't a way to do that in the current version. Although, I'd like to hear more about why you'd like to put the sheet music down there. Would that enable you to do something that you can't do today?
Nicholas
 
Posts: 11778

Postby vleigh721 » 01-02-18 5:18 am

hi
it's really just that I'd find it easier to see - I find the falling notes beneath the score pretty confusing...

v
vleigh721
 
Posts: 2

Postby arthurwhite » 01-02-18 12:57 pm

Actually if the sheet music could be movable, resizable or printable that would be great because I would like to make notes on the paper sheet music also please?

I would like to refer the kind developer to mccary music's demo where the sheet music is blown up :

Please see the 0:46 mark where the sheet music is visible and scroll able.



Synthesia has that but I am unsure if that is screen is very large (resizable).

If the falling notes don't have any finger numbering on them, is there a way of adding those labels please? Thanks and sorry for asking this again, primarily because my previous posts and requests were not read by anyone I guess.
arthurwhite
 
Posts: 15

Postby Nicholas » 01-02-18 2:11 pm

vleigh721 wrote:I find the falling notes beneath the score pretty confusing...

Do you mean that you'd prefer to see nothing but sheet music covering the screen with multiple lines (with the falling notes disabled)? That's actually the main feature we're working on for the next Synthesia 11 development preview.

arthurwhite wrote:Actually if the sheet music could be movable, resizable or printable...

To resize: pause the song and click the + or - buttons that slide out from the right. (You can get it about as large as what's shown in the video; especially at 2x DPI scaling.)

To print: download the free MuseScore app, install it, load your MIDI, and go to File → Print. :D

arthurwhite wrote:If the falling notes don't have any finger numbering on them, is there a way of adding those labels please?

Do you mean you'd like to add finger hints? Click the little hand icon at the top-right to enter finger hint editing mode. This video is a little old-timey, but it still shows the general process. You just click and drag from a note to the finger you'd like to assign.
Nicholas
 
Posts: 11778

Postby arthurwhite » 01-02-18 7:55 pm

Nicholas wrote:To resize: pause the song and click the + or - buttons that slide out from the right. (You can get it about as large as what's shown in the video; especially at 2x DPI scaling.)

ohh man, sorry, I think I need more of these videos to figure out the features of this application please. some kind of a user guide

Nicholas wrote:Do you mean you'd like to add finger hints? Click the little hand icon at the top-right to enter finger hint editing mode. This video is a little old-timey, but it still shows the general process. You just click and drag from a note to the finger you'd like to assign.

Ohhh man, now I feel like I am just discovering this app. Thanks!
arthurwhite
 
Posts: 15

Postby Nicholas » 01-03-18 1:44 am

We've got a few guides but they only cover the early basics. (There isn't a guide for assigning finger hints, but there should be.)
Nicholas
 
Posts: 11778


Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron