Does Synthesia support display numbered musical notation?

Have questions? Just saying hello? This is the place.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
f23123g8

Post by f23123g8 »

Does Synthesia support display numbered musical notation?
Currently, synthesia can only shows 5 line musical notation, but I want numbered musical notation.
Any option or suggestion?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Do you have an example link, image, or website that you can show what you mean? I'm not familiar with "numbered notation".
f23123g8

Post by f23123g8 »

Nicholas wrote:Do you have an example link, image, or website that you can show what you mean? I'm not familiar with "numbered notation".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numbered_musical_notation

At "Example" section in that page, said "The two images below illustrate how the same piece of music is written using the standard notation and the numbered notation.", the first image is numbered notation and the second picture is standard notation.
Currently Synthesia could display standard notation, but what I want is numbered notation.
jimhenry

Post by jimhenry »

Can XML support numbered notation? If so, then there is a small possibility that you could prepare XML files for numbered notation that Synthesia 11 (yet to be released) could display in the forthcoming XML sheet music display.
Jim Henry
Author of the Miditzer, a free virtual theatre pipe organ
http://www.Miditzer.org/
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

A cursory search only turned up one mention that numbered notation isn't well supported in MusicXML. Worse: drawing it to the screen is only the first step. Synthesia needs a fairly deep understanding of what's going on (which numbers correspond to which notes, measures, and wall-clock time) so that it can highlight things and let you interact with it (navigating, dragging loops, setting bookmarks, etc.)

Some of the description on that Wikipedia page makes me hesitate to call this too niche (it seems more regional than anything), but not having heard another request for it in the 10 years we've had a sheet music display, I think I'm going to have to make an executive decision and say that this feature is probably off the table for the foreseeable future. With an ever-growing task list and limited development time, we have to turn some feature requests down. I am very sorry!
f23123g8

Post by f23123g8 »

Thanks for answering my request.
I got it.