distractions and conditions

Synthesia is a living project. You can help by sharing your ideas.
Search the forum before posting your idea. :D

No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
KDN77RUS

Post by KDN77RUS »

For the novice program has a lot of distractions. This makes it difficult to read music.
Offer to disable them for the user.
Attachments
Screenshot_4.png
Screenshot_4.png (19.73 KiB) Viewed 8738 times
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

You can hide most of the timeline by using the configuration window:

1. Hold your Shift key while launching Synthesia.
2. Find the "Gameplay.PinMenuDrawerOpen" setting.
3. Remove the check mark from the box.

Otherwise, I'm not sure I follow the other suggestions. Without the measure highlight, how would you know where the song was stopped in Melody Practice? (And especially without showing your incorrect notes.) At that point, you've described just opening a PDF on your screen.
jimhenry

Post by jimhenry »

I don't use sheet music display, so I may misunderstand what is being displayed. But my reaction to the OP's screenshot was that the dark blue behind the current note makes it harder to read, exactly the opposite of what the highlight should be doing. The habit you should be training is to read a measure ahead of where you are playing.

I also see how the bright green progress bar pulls the eye away from the sheet music. Here is an idea for discussion:
sheet music display.png
sheet music display.png (17.16 KiB) Viewed 8721 times
Jim Henry
Author of the Miditzer, a free virtual theatre pipe organ
http://www.Miditzer.org/
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

I actually like that a lot. It's nearly the "sight-reading practice" feature you've suggested a few times, just without hiding the current measure. By inverting the highlights, it certainly focuses your attention more effectively.

I'm going to leave it alone for 10.5 (the bug fix release for the bug fix release :? ), but I'm definitely interested in experimenting with that for the next 11 preview.
KDN77RUS

Post by KDN77RUS »

when I want to play without the markers, I put a "pause," but then the sheet is not turned
Spoiler:
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_2.png (70.4 KiB) Viewed 8670 times
KDN77RUS

Post by KDN77RUS »

play pause without a cursor )
Spoiler:
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_1.png (97.06 KiB) Viewed 8652 times
KDN77RUS

Post by KDN77RUS »

KDN77RUS

Post by KDN77RUS »

Every day, the green bar is very annoying and hindering.
Please make the option to disable it. It is not difficult.
The timer should be in my head.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Have you tried the PinMenuDrawerOpen setting I'd mentioned before? That can make the bar much smaller.

As an additional workaround in the meantime, you could adjust the color theme to make the "timelineFilled" color much darker and similar to the timeline's background color.
KDN77RUS

Post by KDN77RUS »

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I made the line smaller .
But I want to turn it off. I will not edit the files . I don't want to crash.
Can you help me edit them ?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Alright, try this:

1. Hold your Shift key while launching Synthesia to open the configuration window.
2. Click the "Open Data Folder" button.
3. Copy the colors.xml file attached to this post into that folder.

That should be it. Once you close the configuration window and start Synthesia normally, the timeline progress bar will be nearly invisible.
colors.xml
Modified version of colors.xml for Synthesia 10.4 to make the timeline progress nearly invisible
(10.62 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
KDN77RUS

Post by KDN77RUS »

Thank you very much for your help.
I fixed the value of "timelineFilled" to 38,38,38 and the band disappeared . That's great.
What's the name of the blue cursor ? I want to make it light blue like a big cursor.
It's enough for me to light notes.
Attachments
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_1.png (19.33 KiB) Viewed 8473 times
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

We only just added those colors to the list in the current Synthesia 10.5 development cycle. (They were hard-coded and unable to be changed before.) So once the next development preview goes out, you'll be able to adjust those.

Keep an eye on this section of the forums for the next preview.