BPM doesn't change

Have questions? Just saying hello? This is the place.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
Angelos58

Post by Angelos58 »

I created a midifile (.mid) with a metronome of 110 BPM, then I changed the metronome to 80. But, when i open it into Synthesia the metronome value is always the same.

Could you help me?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Which app are you using to create the files? Most are usually pretty good about including tempo changes (it's the key signatures that are usually hit or miss). And, double-check that you're actually loading the new one. Maybe change the name of the file so that you can be sure it's the second version.
Angelos58

Post by Angelos58 »

Yes, I changed the name every time.

I tried with Musescore and with Simphony Pro 5, but the result is the same: no BPM change.
Angelos58

Post by Angelos58 »

At last I found out Aria Maestosa, Open Source, and what I change and save remains in Synthesia.

But ... I can't understand why.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

If you send three files (the original, changed tempo in MuseScore that doesn't work, and changed tempo in Aria Maestosa that does work) to support@synthesiagame.com, I can take a look inside them and maybe find something out.

Have you noticed if the non-working MuseScore tempo changes work in other MIDI-enabled apps like Windows Media Player or vanBasco's Karaoke Player? That would be a good way to figure out if it's Synthesia having trouble or if everyone agrees that there isn't a tempo change.
Angelos58

Post by Angelos58 »

Just didi it!

email: BPM change
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Yeah, looking at the contents of those files, MuseScore changed... a lot. Almost everything. Except(!) the tempo. :lol: There is exactly one tempo event in all three of those. In the original and MuseScore version, they're identical. In the Aria Maestosa file it's a smaller number.

So, I'm not sure what MuseScore is doing wrong, but the new tempo definitely isn't making it to the MIDI file export.
Angelos58

Post by Angelos58 »

Not only Musescore, also Finale Notepad and Forte Notation and Symphony Pro 5.