Change Key Tonality

Have questions? Just saying hello? This is the place.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
Angelos58

Post by Angelos58 »

How can I see in score view the accidentals in Key when change tonality?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

(Sorry for the wait on this!)

Key signature changes should appear automatically, assuming the MIDI file contains the correct key signature events. (Some editing software will omit everything except notes when exporting to a MIDI file because they treat MIDI as a sort of audio-only file format. In that case, the key signature will just show up as the default, "C Major".)

Try the MIDI file from this post to see key signature changes. That one changes the key every single measure!
Angelos58

Post by Angelos58 »

Thank you for answer, but with Musicxlm support all things will be ok, isn't it?
Angelos58

Post by Angelos58 »

Do you know Sibelius software? How can I add inside Sibelius the Midi Event Key Signature?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Yes, with MusicXML the key signature changes will be much more likely to be carried along during the export process. (I can't imagine any software that wouldn't include that if they claimed to also support MusicXML!)

Otherwise, Sibelius is a rather well-supported piece of software (or, at least, it used to be). I'd be surprised if key signatures weren't being exported correctly to MIDI files. Hmm. I wonder if there are any extended options. All it should normally take is to have the key signature notated correctly in the sheet music inside Sibelius.
Angelos58

Post by Angelos58 »

In Sibelius the change of Key Signature doesn't appear as Midi event.

I know that Sibelius can add Midi Command, but I haven't found the specific command for Meta Event Key Signature.

Could you help me?

Thank in advance
cmplays

Post by cmplays »

I don't use Sibelius, but if it really can't support key signature changes, then simply generate the MIDI, then open it in a dedicated MIDI editor such as Sekaiju and fix it any way you like.

http://openmidiproject.osdn.jp/Sekaiju_en.html
Angelos58

Post by Angelos58 »

cmplays thank you fo answer.

In fact i did it with Midkit and all works. But I'd like tu use the midi instruction support inside sibelius.