Change the selected keys on screen piano keyboard

Have questions? Just saying hello? This is the place.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
Angelos58

Post by Angelos58 »

When I practice one hand not all the keys in green or blue are correctly highlighted.
How can I change them? The zoom option change only the visible region of keyboard, but doesn't change the gray keys.
Angelos58

Post by Angelos58 »

when I play a song only a part of the keyboard is clearly visible, the other keys are grayed out.
Unfortunately, often the gray keys should be visible because they are part of the hand I want to exercise and therefore should not play.
How can I solve the problem?
st5555

Post by st5555 »

On your second issue, go to settings, music input and make sure the Note Range is set for your keyboard.

When playing a song, on the upper bar select the magnifying glass and select "My Keyboard".

After that you should be all set.

Hope this helps!
Angelos58

Post by Angelos58 »

thank you very much, but I see only Synthesia keyboard 18 keys. How can I choose another Synthesia keyboard?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

What are you using to play music in Synthesia? Do you have a digital piano connected? Or are you using your typing keyboard? (Or, I suppose, are you using a touchscreen?)
Angelos58

Post by Angelos58 »

No keyboard device. Only watching. MAc Os X.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Hmm, strange. In "Watch and Listen Only" mode, the gray keyboard darkening should never appear. Which version number do you see on the title screen (or in the top, draggable application bar)? Do you have 10.4?
Angelos58

Post by Angelos58 »

Not in watch and listen only, but in practice mode.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

If you don't have anything connected and you're not using your typing keyboard for note input, how are you using any of the practice modes?
Angelos58

Post by Angelos58 »

I don't use, only watch it.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

That's what "Watch and Listen Only" is for! :D

In your case -- without using any input of your own -- the only difference between the two modes is that one shows the gray keyboard shading and the other one doesn't.
Angelos58

Post by Angelos58 »

Not only.

A loto of notes in the gray area play also when thy didn't.

For example: exercise right hand and a lot of notes of right hand are in the gray area and play-