Connecting My Piano

Have questions? Just saying hello? This is the place.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
ProgHead

Post by ProgHead »

I've been trying to figure out what cables I need to connect my digital piano to my Galaxy Tab 3 tablet to use Synthesia. I'm hoping someone can help me. I have a Casio Privia PX-400R digital piano. It has MIDI in and MIDI out and also a USB type B port. What do I need and would I also use the charging cable that came with my tablet? And do I need to download drivers? Thank you for any help.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Try the "Keyboards" link at the very top of the page. There is a guide there that will show you everything you need. (They make USB-OTG adapters that have an extra wire to connect your charger.)

You won't need any drivers.
trnsytorio

Post by trnsytorio »

Dear Nicholas,

I`m also trying to play synthesia but my tablet (Samsung Tab4; Android 5.1.1) do not recognise my keyboard (kawai with midi ports).
I'm using a usb otc wire (new and good one) but without success. I go to settings, music input but do not appear any. I connect my laptot, it runs perfect but it's so big to leave on top of the keyboard.

Four or five years ago I enyoyed so much synthesia but stopped playing for diferent reasons with the same tablet. I want to let my dauther play with it as I used to do but now I cannot get the keyboard connected to the tablet.

Thanks you so much for your support
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

(I'm not sure how useful this will be three months later. Sorry.)

Many Samsung devices with 5.1.1 have a known issue where general access to the USB port is prevented by Android. I've seen dozens of developers on Samsung's own support forum complaining of the problem before Samsung simply deleted the topic. I don't know of any workarounds. If you try a different device, it might work.