Synthesia Crash

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
Snujac

Post by Snujac »

I never had a problem with Synthesia until recent. I've been currently using 10.4.4395 for a while now and then one day the game would just start to crash during the game. Notes will start to disappear and when pressing back the button my screen would be missing all of the text and icons and then an error message would pop up . I never had a problem with it before until now, I used an older versions 10.2 to see if it was just my computer but it works perfectly for me. If you could help me out on this that would be great. Thanks!
Spoiler:
a6a1611d4f4a7847110ace8da9b81f11.png
a6a1611d4f4a7847110ace8da9b81f11.png (53.54 KiB) Viewed 3164 times
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

How strange. It looks like some textures went missing... except the textures are built right inside of the app. Hmm.

Have you changed any (graphics) hardware recently or updated any drivers? Does it keep happening if you restart your computer?
Snujac

Post by Snujac »

I've upgraded my graphics card to Nvidia GTX 1070, and used the drivers that they provide to keep it updated. But now since you mentioned it, the problem did occur after a couple of driver updates after I got the new graphics card. And yes it still keeps happening after i restart my computer. I never really thought about hardware or driver messing with the program, I'll keep working on it hopefully I can figure it out.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Hmm. Other things to try:

1. I don't expect this is the problem, but there is a chance the app itself became corrupt somehow. Downloading it again and installing it right on top of the old version should rule that out.

2. If you've set any custom settings in your 1070 driver like extra overclocking or "Prefer Speed" in the quality list or anything like that, it might cause that sort of trouble.