Notes remain pressed

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
joffreyR92

Post by joffreyR92 »

Hi,

I just connected my piano with synthesia with a midi cable. However, when I press a key on my piano (in a free session for exemple), it doesn't work very nice because the note remains pressed on synthesia even when I stop pressing it on my piano. Besides, when i press several notes in a raw, synthesia doesn't follow and plays just a part of the notes I pressed (which remains pressed indefinitly btw). How can i fix that ?

Thanks
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Are you using a USB-to-MIDI adapter to connect your keyboard? Does it look like either of the adapters in the first two posts, here?
joffreyR92

Post by joffreyR92 »

Yes, i use a midi to usb câble and a USB to usb-c adaptator.
The cable is the first one we see on the post.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Like the message on that page describes, keys remaining held are the kinds of glitches that generic, no-brand adapter causes. Switching to a higher quality adapter should fix the problem.