Synthesia with DAW?

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
Mahxxx

Post by Mahxxx »

Hi, I just bought a Nektar Impact LX88+ and I don't know how to set up, so bitwig will work with synthesia, I've googled but I haven't found anything. I don't want to use the built in piano sound, I have downloaded a soundfont piano as well, but the piano on bitwig sound so much better, so I'd love to be able to set that up, help appreciated!

/Max
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

On Windows you can use one of the free virtual MIDI drivers (like LoopBe1 or loopMIDI) to send Synthesia's output to your favorite VST-enabled DAW.

Just tell Synthesia to output to the virtual driver. And then just have your DAW read input from the same source.
Mahxxx

Post by Mahxxx »

How do I do that? I downloaded LoopMIDI but I have no idea what to do from now. I got Bitwig 8 track with it & I have no idea what to do.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Nicholas wrote:Just tell Synthesia to output to the virtual driver. And then just have your DAW read input from the same source.
In Synthesia, go to Settings. Find LoopBe1 in the "Music Output" list. Enable it for everything.

In Bitwig, find the MIDI input options and enable LoopBe1 there.
Mahxxx

Post by Mahxxx »

Thanks! Now I fixed that, so when I practice a song now, I can hear it, but, if I hit the falling notes, there's no sound & how do I fix that?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

This is where it will start to depend a little on your exact setup (which DAW, which plugins, etc.), but if I had to guess, you may need to map more MIDI channels to your instruments.

On the screen just before the song plays in Synthesia, choose the "Hands, Colors, and Instruments" button. On that screen, you should see several boxes representing the parts in the song. There should be a channel number listed for each one. Make sure your DAW is handling input from things on those channels.