Scripting Synthesia

Collaborate with other modders to make Synthesia the way you want it.
Always the latest versions: [ colors.xml | ui.xml ]
Read the Getting Started topic to learn how important it is to MERGE YOUR CHANGES every time you download a new dev preview.
GeorgeProfenza

Post by GeorgeProfenza »

Is there any scripting support for Synthesia ?

Would would be the easiest way to programmatically trigger it to go into Free Play or Play a Song ?
On OSX I can try Apple Script maybe ?
I was wondering if there are any other options (some scripting language, command line arguments, etc.)

Thank you,
George
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Sorry for the wait on this!

There are a number of command-line options available in the Windows version of Synthesia. I'm embarrassed to admit: I've never found a great way to get command-line input into a macOS app, so I have it disabled on that side for now.

Otherwise, the closest the app has to scripting is shimmying UI elements (and colors) around, as described in the Modding section of the forum.

I'm not super familiar with Apple Script, but if it's got the kind of capabilities you can find in something like AutoHotkey (e.g., sending mouse clicks to arbitrary window coordinates) you should be able to do some useful things. Ideally we should have much richer support for keyboard navigation built into the app. Sorry!