Error message in the 10.5

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
Isaackv

Post by Isaackv »

Hello,

I wanted to taste the new version and got the following message when calling up the notes - see attachment. More or less I can do something with it, I just do not realize what exactly I should enter in colors.xml.

Would be nice of you, if someone could send me an appropriate line, or which line I can use for it.

Version 10.4 works perfectly

Thanks, Karsten
Attachments
error message
error message
Error.jpg (42.61 KiB) Viewed 2551 times
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

That just means the new version is expecting an entry in your old colors.xml that isn't there.

Just grab the newest colors.xml (pink box, here), and search (Ctrl-F) for "notationBackground". You should just be able to copy-paste that line into your colors.xml and get one step closer to it working.

I can't remember if that was the only color added in 10.5. If it was, that will also be the only step. :D

(A better long-term answer is to become familiar with a nice, visual "diff" tool. Maybe something like the free WinMerge. That will show your version side-by-side with the new one and highlight exactly which lines are different between the two. It makes it very easy to location new/missing stuff, and you can "fix" it -- by using the other file's line -- in two clicks. That's what the "be sure to merge your changes" part means in that message.)