[ipad] Touch gone for "right" notes

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
monkel

Post by monkel »

[Synthesia on iPad connected to Clavinova via Midi, all sounds by piano]

When I play and Synthesia waits for me to (finally ... ;)) hit the right note, every note I try will sound according to how hard and fast I hit the keys, as I would expect. All except for the right notes. Those are sounded without any touch sensitivity at full volume.

I guess that shouldn't be the intention? What's a candidate for a wrong setting / setup?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Settings --> Gameplay --> Note Loudness --> Match Your Input.

("Get Loudness From Song" seems like a strange default, but absolute beginners who are touching digital piano keys for the very first time have a tendency to barely, gingerly tap the keys. In that case, they'd barely be able to hear their own -- correct or incorrect -- input vs. the background notes' loudness. This is one of those settings that you should change after even a little familiarity with the instrument, but that makes sense for absolute beginners.)
monkel

Post by monkel »

Thanks, that did it. I'm sure I must have been playing without this in the past, but at some point - perhaps some other troubleshooting - it must have been set again by me, as it's not instrument specific.