Glowing key on press / particles.

Synthesia is a living project. You can help by sharing your ideas.
Search the forum before posting your idea. :D

No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
Chompy

Post by Chompy »

I just had this thought of a glowing key effect when you press it. It will glow in the respective colour and produce sparkles which can be changed in Settings or turned off and on at will. It would look good for kids. It would be cool to change the image of the particles by selecting it from a directory and selecting a .png image. (must be black and white for colour to apply, or it will look incorrect) ;)
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Did you have some example in mind of what this might look like? Hearing "glowing key effect [... that] produces sparkles" is almost exactly how I'd describe the effect that has been in the app since August-2007.
Chompy

Post by Chompy »

What I meant was a more intense glow that could be adjusted in Settings menu for contrast/brightness, and to customise particles and their movement. For example, you could have the keys emit snowflake particles and customise the size/randomness and direction and colour, and even map the particles to an instrument colour. You could produce a fire burning effect on the red colour for example. Customising the colour would be done with a very simple RGB slider, or you could just put it on random colour.
Chompy

Post by Chompy »

Its to add more control and personalisation. It would be really cool to see that implemented, and the particle effects could use this feature.
phiter

Post by phiter »

They probably meant something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1Dvg2MxQn8

Those particles are generated through a reactive visualizer on adobe after effects.

It would be cool if synthesia could be customized in order to look more similar to the video.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

I've started thinking about how we might accomplish something a little fancier like those videos (but still rendered in real-time). I brought in the help of another graphics programmer (since last October) to start moving work on the rendering engine along a little faster.

Graphics are always my favorite, but user-requested features tend to get the lion's share of my development time. That has meant watching all of my favorite, pet features sitting still on the task list for so long that I decided to get some help. I don't have any announcements yet, and certainly Synthesia 11 will be released first, but happily, there is some positive movement in that direction now. :)