iPad-Folders-Files?

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
TerenceBassClef

Post by TerenceBassClef »

Hello Group

I bought a set of instructional MIDI miles for downloading into Synesthesia. they came in a folder and it was placed into files area with in Synesthesia ( via iTunes ) after syncing I found them "unpacked" so I have numerous "loose" individual MIDI files ( in numerical order, however long scroll issue ). I can delete easily ( sort of ) and reload, how do I keep them in a folder and not loose, there are folders already in the app which contain other MIDI files, so a "special" folder preference or what is the Technique here, FAQ I did not see covering this nor did a search of the "MIDI Club" turn up a obvious to me answer.

Terence
jimhenry

Post by jimhenry »

The "MIDI Club" is an area for posting copyright free MIDI files. I would suggest searching the entire Synthesia site. Things aren't perfectly organized into the various areas.
Jim Henry
Author of the Miditzer, a free virtual theatre pipe organ
http://www.Miditzer.org/
TerenceBassClef

Hello Mr Henry

Can you then move or delete my inappropriate for this forum post? I do not seem to be able to delete but can edit it.

Terence
jimhenry

Post by jimhenry »

Don't sweat the small stuff. Hope you find an answer to your question.

Have a Happy New Year!
Jim Henry
Author of the Miditzer, a free virtual theatre pipe organ
http://www.Miditzer.org/
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

(I shimmied this over to the right place.)
TerenceBassClef wrote:... how do I keep them in a folder and not loose...
The easiest way is usually the orange "All Songs (grouped by folder)" option at the top of the song list. That will present the list organized hierarchically by folder.
TerenceBassClef

Thanks for moving the "question" to the appropriate forum.

You typed:"The easiest way is usually the orange "All Songs (grouped by folder)" option at the top of the song list. That will present the list organized hierarchically by folder."

On my iPad this is "all" the songs. No folder structure seen. Starts with "Ye Knights..." ends 208 songs later with "A la Claire ..." reverse Y to A, versus A to Z?

Selecting songs>Folders:revels Documents 24 songs, Built-in songs 179.

Then some I have downloaded via Safari on the iPad begging with Megalovania, four others with the Prefix FNaF 1, 2, 3 & 4. Not in folders, well the directory"Folders" which may contain two folders "Documents" or "Built-in Songs" which I assume are sub directories of root directory "Songs"

How do I insert or make a folder so as to organize? I do understand it might not be possible do to the "Apple" paranoia about malignant files/folders in its walled garden directory structure.

The file from your site Virtuoso-Piano exercises which has a folder labeled "Finger Exercises" ( I am old enough to Remember "blessing a folder", is there an outline/bullet point on the process for making a "synesthesia" recognized folder? ), because of the numbering order and the way computers work the file with extension "01" is organized after the file with extension "14". No way to force 01, 02, 03,....

Deconstruct "Finger Exercises" and refill it with my MIDI files?

And I do understand you have a finite amount of time to respond to questions.

Terence
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Hmm, do you know which version of Synthesia you're using? It should say on the title screen, usually at the lower-right corner. In more recent versions of Synthesia for the iPad, there should be two orange options in the song list: one to present the flat list you described and another to show them in their folders. We only recently added the folder view to the iPad version (as until recently, Apple had discouraged mentioning the word "folders" in iOS apps). So, perhaps if you update to the latest version that will solve the problem automatically.

Regarding "Virtuoso-Piano exercises", which site did you mean? Those don't sound familiar to me. Did you find them someplace in the forums (that I'm probably forgetting about now)?
TerenceBassClef

Sir

You asked, version used "10.5.4798"

Piano-Virtuoso was found here, as on this site as someone had uploaded it. Scroll the image for the P-V is off the bottom.

Yes I see the two ( 2 ) orange lettered I assume folders all songs ( "one big list" ), all songs ( "grouped by folder" ).

then the "easiest" through Keyboard classics.

Then I have imported "Scale exercises" and "Finger exercises"

then the FNAF prefixed files via iTunes file transfer process that I would rather have in folders.

Terence
Attachments
My iTunes file transfer
My iTunes file transfer
Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 12.29.12.png (120.2 KiB) Viewed 7714 times
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

(Sorry for the wait!)

What happens when you choose the orange "grouped by folder" entry in the list? It should hopefully look a bit like the list you included in that screenshot.