Zombie files can't be deleted

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
LucidMusicInc

Post by LucidMusicInc »

I’m not happy with the synthesis database. It causes more confusion than anything. Anyway I tried importing some midi files from safari into the app. Now they reside somewhere in the approot folder above the documents or inbox or wherever... I can move files around in the documents area fine but these five files I imported from safari can’t be deleted. I’ve even deleted the app and restarted the iPad. When reinstalling the app the files remain... I looked using iTunes as well. Nada zip zero files. They are zombie files. it’s causing me OCD.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Hmm, strange. Deleting the app should remove everything.

Are they only showing up on the title screen in the "Recently Played" section? Or are the actually present in the song list after you choose "Play a Song"? (Does the little trash can icon do anything on the song list when you have one selected?)
LucidMusicInc

Post by LucidMusicInc »

The issue should be replicatable by importing or opening in from safari (iOS) when you click the play a song button there are the built in songs, the documents and then what were downloaded by safari. I have hunted everywhere for these files. Clearly it’s an iOS problem... their Files app is terrible, but in Synthaesia there is no delete file option for these songs.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing, you're saying the button that the arrow is pointing at in step #9 of this guide isn't there when you select the song from the list?

(The actual icon itself has changed from that red circle to a white trash can, but it's in the same place.)
LucidMusicInc

Post by LucidMusicInc »

AC200F23-C25F-4FF4-A188-F876C343BB0A.jpeg
AC200F23-C25F-4FF4-A188-F876C343BB0A.jpeg (74.73 KiB) Viewed 6177 times
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Ah ha! Sorry for the confusion. Those five songs are built into Synthesia. We added them a few years ago, back in the 10.3 update. (It's the first feature bullet point for 10.3 on the front page.)

To hide those from the list, you can go to Settings --> Songs --> Built-in Songs --> Hide them.
LucidMusicInc

Post by LucidMusicInc »

Ok because they’re not in the built in song list I thought they were of my own clumsy meddling. Problem solved I guess.

On the topic of built in songs or IAP bundles... please consider more technique exercises (e.g. Cerny, Hanon et al. The ones on the internet aren’t optimised for Synthaesia with fingering numbers) would gladly pay more for new song bundles :D
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

That is a good idea. Although, I vaguely recall some rather helpful forumgoers here that have posted both of those collections (optimized for Synthesia) right here in the forums someplace. So, at least for those two you might have a quick (and free) alternative.
LucidMusicInc

Post by LucidMusicInc »

I’ll take a look