So what happened to the Video Creator?

Have questions? Just saying hello? This is the place.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
WoodyPianoShack

Post by WoodyPianoShack »

Hi all, I've done 30 minutes of research trying to find the Synthesia Video Creator app, but can't find it. The download is removed and there are some threads here suggesting it's now rolled-into Synthesia main app but I can't find it there either. I have the latest version 10.5.1.
From which version will it be included in the main app?
Can anybody confirm?
cheers
Visit Woody in the Piano Shack for free piano lessons, song tutorials & gear reviews!
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

It's still on the download page. Expand the "Old Versions" section at the bottom of the page.

Rolling it into the app is the eventual plan, but that will come after the release of Synthesia 11.
st5555

Post by st5555 »

On the home page click on try it for free:
https://www.synthesiagame.com/download

Go all the way to the bottom to More Apps.
Click on older versions.

It's been hidden for this reason:

Synthesia Video Creator 10.4
The Video Creator sometimes has trouble running on certain systems for reasons we haven't been able to track down. This tool will return soon—with new features—built right into Synthesia itself.
st5555

Post by st5555 »

Nicholas,
For some reason you always seem to be about 1 minute ahead of me whenever I decide to reply on something!
Cudo's on you rapid response and attention to issues on this forum. We are in good hands.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Surely that was just a coincidence! ;)
WoodyPianoShack

Post by WoodyPianoShack »

Ok, didn't expect to find it there!
I never had any issues with the app, other than an occasional crash, no big deal.
Would love to see some modern codecs and containers supported, none of my video editors supports webm or avi.
Visit Woody in the Piano Shack for free piano lessons, song tutorials & gear reviews!
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Which video editor doesn't support AVI on Windows? That's usually pretty universal. (Especially when using a modern MP4-like codec like Xvid.)