Midi Bluetooth adaptor not connecting? New tablet.

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
littlepuppie

Post by littlepuppie »

Hi before I use a ipad and it worked 100% and I haven't played piano for 1 year and today I got a new android tablet Samsung tab 4 and I try connecting and it's not working? I honestly forgot how to set this up. I use the Bluetooth midi adaptor https://www.amazon.co.uk/Yamaha-MDBT01- ... way&sr=8-1

I know it 1000% works because I was using it for years but today I want to play piano again and I sold my iPad so I can't use that anymore.

I forgot what to do and how to set up. I'm confused. I appreciate everyone's help :(

I added some pictures in the attachments it shows the settings. What do I tick etc I honestly forgot because when I had my ipad all I do is go to settings on ipad >bluetooth and connect and thats it. I just turn on piano kawai es100 and it connects
Spoiler:
15650563573361922650393370324347.jpg
15650563573361922650393370324347.jpg (2.11 MiB) Viewed 4651 times
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Try choosing "Android M MIDI" near the top of that screen (and then restarting the app). Does that get the device to show up in the list?
littlepuppie

Post by littlepuppie »

Hi Nicholas. No nothing shows up :cry:
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

One last thing to try:

0. (Leave Synthesia set to "Android M MIDI".)
1. Download this app.
2. Launch it (hopefully your keyboard will appear) and connect to the keyboard.
3. Without closing that app, switch over to Synthesia.

Now does it appear in the list?
littlepuppie

Post by littlepuppie »

Omg it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do I need to do this evrytime I connect?
Thank you so much x

Edit - I seems I need to open that app first then synthesia. That's fine as long it's working I don't mind haha.

Also right now when I hit a note on the keyboard the tablet will play the sound too. How do I turn of the tablet sound? I don't see the option? Everything changed when I last went on synthesia
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

We're hoping to get native, proper Bluetooth support in the app in a few releases. Sorry for the inconvenience of launching the other app in the meantime!

To prevent the duplicate sound, just disable the "Built-in MIDI Synthesizer" from the Music Output list on the Settings screen. That's the one that plays out of your tablet's speakers.
littlepuppie

Post by littlepuppie »

Thank you. I am having another problem. When I 'watch and listen' to the piece it dosent play on my piano. Do you know why is that? Last time on my ipad I needed to press my pedal to hear the piece. 🥺

EDIT: it seems holding down the pedal is working that's the only way I can hear the pieces playing back :(
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

That is... very strange. In over ten years, I can't remember ever hearing about a required pedal press before.

Does that still happen when you directly connect the keyboard (vs. Bluetooth)?