Synthesia won’t appear in the share sheet on iPadOS 13

Have questions? Just saying hello? This is the place.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
mrtp

Post by mrtp »

Hi,

I had just upgraded my iPad to iPadOS Beta and can’t find a way to add MIDI files to the Synthesia app, there are lots of apps in the share sheet for MIDI files, but no sign of Synthesia. Am I the only one or is this going to be fixed with an update?

Thanks.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Hmm, unless they changed something in 13, the usual "Open with Synthesia" option or copying the MIDI in the Files app to the Synthesia section under "On my iPad" are the easy ways to get things in there.
mrtp

Post by mrtp »

I tried both ways, but unfortunately none of them worked. There is no Synthesia section under “On my iPad” anymore.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Hmm, I don't see anything about this specifically in the iOS 13 release notes.

The closest thing I could find was a Known Issue listed under the "Find My" category that said: "While iOS & iPadOS 13 remains in beta, offline-finding capability is limited." That doesn't sound exactly related, but it might be impacting something.
idnovic

Post by idnovic »

I have the same problem.

Can you please rebuild with the newest toolchain? Maybe this fixes the issue.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

It looks like Apple changed the mime-type on us from "public.audio" to "public.midi-audio".

Except I still can't test whether it works because the iOS 13 build they have available in Xcode for the simulator is so busted that Safari crashes whenever you try to do anything with a file. :?

"Copy to Files" just pops a blank window up for less than a second and "Copy to Synthesia"---which appears again after updating the type---crashes Safari outright.

Since iPadOS GM will be released in two days, I'll just wait instead of messing around with backing up/restoring Beta 4. In any event, this is on our radar now and should be fixed within a few days of the iPadOS release.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

• Bug confirmed on official iPadOS 13.1 in Synthesia 10.5.
  • Fix confirmed on official iPadOS 13.1 in Synthesia 10.6.
  • Synthesia 10.6 submitted to the App Store for review!
Assuming nothing goes wrong during the review process, the fix should be available in a few days. :D
mrtp

Post by mrtp »

It works flawlessly after the 10.6 update, thanks for your help.