I can't record or do a composition in the free session part

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
Mouley

Post by Mouley »

Last edited by Mouley on 10-25-19 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Are you using Synthesia on a Windows Vista computer? The latest update (10.6) has finally removed support for Vista now that Microsoft dropped support for it a couple years ago.

As for recording your own compositions, we're adding that feature in the very next (10.7) update.
Mouley

Post by Mouley »

Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Hmm, strange that Windows 10 is giving that error then. Is there a crash report file written to your desktop? If so, please send it to support@synthesiagame.com and we'll take a look.

Otherwise, sorry about the confusing recording shortcut! The recording feature was nearly finished before we needed to make an emergency update to fix a bug in the recent iOS 13 update that Apple released. So I had temporarily disabled/hidden all evidence of the feature... or so I thought! I guess I missed temporarily hiding the that entry in the shortcut list. That will be what toggles recording on and off in Free Play mode eventually (in Synthesia 10.7). For now, it doesn't do anything.

The "MMC Record Strobe" is the name of a very specific MIDI message that can be sent by standard MIDI controllers (like the red button at the lower-right corner of this thing). That's a natural answer for a default shortcut binding because it's harmless if you don't have that kind of MIDI controller, but it'll behave exactly how you expect if you do. :)
Mouley

Post by Mouley »

Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Ah ha! Thanks for the follow-up. Yes, that "bad function call" is another symptom of not fully hiding the recording feature. (I suppose the workaround for now is to avoid activating the recording shortcut.)

All of that will begin working in the next (10.7) update where we'll be releasing the finished recording feature.
Mouley

Post by Mouley »

Last edited by Mouley on 10-25-19 10:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mouley

Post by Mouley »

By the way does someone know how to delete this topic because i've got my answer so
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

It should be fine to leave here. It might be helpful to someone else that is running into the same trouble. :)