Recently Played List

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

The recently played list shows multiple "Carol of the Bells" in a row. Didn't the older version only show it once and the last time it was played?

Windows 7

Joe
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Does multiple mean two? If you loaded one via a synthesia:// link, the app doesn't have a good way to disambiguate the two, so it includes both in the list.
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

The whole list is filled. I haven't used the synthesia:// link yet. Is there a way to clear the list?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Hmm, Synthesia will collapse entries for identical files. And it'll remove entries if the file no longer exists on your drive. You wouldn't happen to have many backup copies of the same file (say, during the arranging process while you were testing it out), would you?

The brute force solution is to wipe the recent-songs list. Hold your Shift key while launching the app to show the configuration window and then click the "Open Data Folder" button. There should be a "recentSongs.xml" file in that folder.

You can peek inside using Notepad to see where all the files are coming from. Removing individual lines works, or, to save some trouble, you can simply delete the file altogether to wipe the whole list.
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

I will check it out on my PC in a bit. It happened when I made Carol of the Bells for Synthesia. I either kept overwriting the midi file or deleted it and created a new midi file, while making edits. I will update you on this when I get back to my PC. On my Mac now,