bookmarks (empty)

Discuss methods, books, lessons, and websites you use to learn.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
Choul

Post by Choul »

xxx
Last edited by Choul on 07-02-10 1:51 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Rickeeey

Post by Rickeeey »

Great collection. But can I somehow put it in the bookmark menu on Firefox. I can just open the file to see the links but can't see in the bookmark menu.
Choul

Post by Choul »

xxx
Last edited by Choul on 07-02-10 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xnapoleonx

Post by xnapoleonx »

That's great, thank you for it !
Piano resources for beginners by a beginner: http://tutorialpiano.blogspot.com/
Choul

Post by Choul »

You're welcome! ... and your site is added to the list. ;)

A new version of the bookmarks file will be uploaded in a few days.
Choul

Post by Choul »

New version of the bookmarks file with more than 200 links. See the first post of this topic.
Rickeeey

Post by Rickeeey »

Have you got www.purelessons.com in there? If not, then you could add it. It's a very useful site for learning piano and more people will find it.
Choul

Post by Choul »

It's already in there Rickeeey. Within the section HOWTO (sites). :)
febs

Post by febs »

Thanks so much for sharing!
Maybe you should consider sharing them with xmarks. They would be automatically updated for every follower then :)

(xmarks is a website and an extension for firefox and internet explorer). Just a tought.

Ciao!
Choul

Post by Choul »

You're welcome febs and thanks for telling me about xmarks. But I can't use it to sync the bookmarks file on this forum
because html files are not allowed, that's why it's zipped. But I will look into it as soon I've some time left.
xnapoleonx

Post by xnapoleonx »

That's an honour to be included; thanks :)
Piano resources for beginners by a beginner: http://tutorialpiano.blogspot.com/
Rickeeey

Post by Rickeeey »

Maybe this linklist could be included with every Synthesia download. Would be great especially the newcomers to access the links easily.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

This looks like a great resource.

Still, I'm a little hesitant to package it with the game because of the maintenance that would be necessary. Pages die all the time on the Internet, so I'd worry that a good portion of the list might go stale after say, 6 months.

Also, the sheer volume of links seems like it might be overwhelming to non-power-users. Everyone on the forums is pretty savvy, but something like the "top 10" links might be the most useful to beginner computer-users. Even then, it would be difficult distilling the list down to a simple "top 10" without it being several "top 10 category X" links.
Choul

Post by Choul »

Yeah, I think you're right Nicholas, it asks for maintenance all the time and the list is growing and growing and growing.
Just awful how many you can find on the Internet. :lol: But the problem is that I'm not a beginner and I shared just to help others
that they can find what they are looking for. I don't think it's wise to include it in a software package. I just update it once in a while.
I don't know how to make a 'top ten list' because what for one person is important is completely useless for someone else, but it
would be great if we could put it somewhere where everyone could update the list, something like a wiki or so together with
a manual, tips and tricks, public domain midi's (with two tracks) and sheet music and so on.
Rickeeey

Post by Rickeeey »

A wiki is a nice idea. But the name is the problem. Synthesiapedia sounds a bit strange.
Rickeeey

Post by Rickeeey »

Now when MusicXML format is coming to Synthesia soon maybe it's time to add a few more links to the software part. I just found this:

http://www.recordare.com/xml/software.html#NowBoth
Choul

Post by Choul »

Thanks Rickeeey, added the link to the bookmarks file. I will soon come up with a newer version, but I'm afraid I have to split this one, because I have more than 300 links already. The only problem is that I don't know the best way where to make the split. I will probably make a seperate file for the sheet music links, I'm not sure yet.
Rickeeey

Post by Rickeeey »

I think you can have the files (midis, sheet music, softwares etc.) in one bookmark file and guides, lessons etc. in the other.

So it would be like this:

1. Midi, Midi Parts, Sheet Music, Software
2. The other links ofc.

Sure it will be more groups in the second but the first got alot of links especially for midi and sheet music.
Choul

Post by Choul »

I will have to make more splits I'm afraid, at the moment I have this:

114 items for music.html: forum; HOWTO; Fundamentals;Midi;Improvisation;Midi parts: Music Theory;Other;Piano Lessons
(for people who are only looking for learning stuff and can't read notes)

95 items for technical.html: Instrument soft-ware; Manual; Plug-In; Software; Styles; Technical
(links you don't use often, for example: you download software just once, you look up how to hookup you keyboard to your computer just once, and so on)

106 items for sheetmusic.html: Books and sheet music sites
(not everyone is interested to search for sheet music to make their own midi files)

I still haven't checked all those links, I will use http://validator.w3.org/ to do it.
What do you think?
Rickeeey

Post by Rickeeey »

Ah, you haven't uploaded the new .rar file yet I see. Seems like a fine split anyways.