Synthesia and tablette

Have questions? Just saying hello? This is the place.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
jacomana

Post by jacomana »

Good morning all
I bought a yamaha YPT-230, I would like to use Synthesia I got a midi cable for the connection to my PC everything works correctly, I have all the Synthesia functions.
Now I want to connect my yamaha to my sumsung Tab A tablet from 2016, I bought an OGT cord (which works I tried it with a USB stick), put the app. Synthesia Android, plugged in the midi cord to OGT, the ogt box lights up but I have neither input nor output, on the synthesia software I put 88 key keyboard input and USB 20 midi output, but nothing works .
Do you have an idea ?
Thank you for your answers
Jacomana
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

On the Settings screen inside Synthesia, do you see a choice at the top for "Music Device Connection Method"? If you do, try choosing the other option in that list. Then, swipe the app completely closed. After that, does your device show up in the list?
jacomana

Post by jacomana »

Hello,
In the settings, I tried with "built-in-mididriver" and "android m midi" but it doesn't work.
Can you make me a screenshot or I can see how Synthesia should be set, otherwise the tablet should receive a special setting to communicate with the Yamaha piano?
cordially
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

If you tried both (and completely closed the app each time you changed the setting), it sounds like you did everything correctly.

The next step is to try some other MIDI-enabled app from Google Play to see if it also can/cannot communicate with your digital piano. That will help narrow down whether it's just Synthesia having the trouble or your Android device that can't communicate with it.