Keyboard with 37keys

Have questions? Just saying hello? This is the place.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
janatics

Post by janatics »

Hi,

We want to connect 37key piano with Synthesia software. Is it possible to change the keyboard? if yes, please let us know the procedure.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

You should be able to connect a 37-key keyboard the same way as any other size keyboard: it just needs some digital interface like MIDI, USB, or Bluetooth. This guide will show you what you need.

The number of keys won't change anything besides having an easier or more difficult time reaching all the notes of a song. (37 keys is very few, and it will be challenging to play most songs even one-handed.)
srimantha@gmail.com

Post by srimantha@gmail.com »

Hi Nicholas,
I have developed a LED Visualizer to light-up with keypresses Synthesia's 'Play mode' and to wait and Guide under Synthesia's 'Tutor Mode' .
Thanks for the Colors.xml, hope I can get a and idea to recreate/automatically adjust the colors of my LED strip.

Is it possible to get the KeyBoard's data(lowest key, highest key) out to an Arduino from Sysnthesia ?
I mean the keyboard properties/data obtained by Sysnthesia the Settings (at the attached image menu)
Attachments
2021-03-06_21h10_39.png
2021-03-06_21h10_39.png (132.54 KiB) Viewed 2113 times
iPiano.us | MIDIVisualizer.com
janatics

Post by janatics »

Nicholas wrote: 03-13-21 1:24 pm You should be able to connect a 37-key keyboard the same way as any other size keyboard: it just needs some digital interface like MIDI, USB, or Bluetooth. This guide will show you what you need.

The number of keys won't change anything besides having an easier or more difficult time reaching all the notes of a song. (37 keys is very few, and it will be challenging to play most songs even one-handed.)
Thanks for your feedback.

Let me brief you about our requirement.

We are not connecting Synthesia app with keyboard directly. We are using it for automating digital keyboards. Please watch the YouTube video of 88keys key board automated with Pneumatics. https://youtu.be/g1PVsHz72do

Here, iPad installed with Synthesia is connected with iRig MIDI and then the output of iRig MIDI is connected to a MIDI decoder board which delivers digital outputs for the respective keys, when a song played.

The same way, we wanted to do it for 37Keys Key board.

Hope this explanation and video will help you to understand our requirement.

Looking forward to suitable solution.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

I'm very sorry for the wait on this reply.

That is a very cool project. If I were at a trade show, it would definitely grab my attention!

For your purposes there, it should be as easy as using the "Custom" zoom option (using the little magnifying glass icon) and clicking the +/- buttons in that popup until it only shows the keys matching your custom hardware.

Beyond that, as long as whichever microcontroller you've got driving your pneumatics only responds to the MIDI events inside that 37 key range (which you'd have to go out of your way to do anything else), you should be all set.