Performance feedback?

Have questions? Just saying hello? This is the place.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
xian

Post by xian »

Hello, i have been using synthesia as a fun way to practice and using the overall scoring. Great program.
Is there a way to look back at how one is doing on specific sections of a song? I’d really like to see where i held a note too long resulting in starting the subsequent embellishment late, so that timing gets compressed, etc.

Is there a way within synthesia or in conjunction with another tool to get more specific performance feedback? (i could record a performance file but i would have to manually compare each note. Id love to just see the things that were bad enough to be tracked as errors in synthesia.)

Thanks for a great program!
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

The kind of thing you're describing here is one of the major features planned for after the release of Synthesia 11 (which is focusing on dramatically improving the quality of the sheet music display). I've wanted to get more fine-grained performance information into users hands for a while. The plan is to track progress on a per-measure basis so Synthesia can highlight sections of a song that still need work. And hopefully to record each performance so it can be played back/compared with the original song. I could imagine a view that let's you see where notes were early/late or where mistakes were made.

I don't have much in the way of a timeline on when those sorts of features might be finished, but they're on the to-do list.