Synthesia playing notes wrongly (off-key)

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
Chompy

Post by Chompy »

I have noticed with Synthesia, that notes mapped to instruments different from the MIDI files default tracks will play very off-key a lot. Some notes that are moderately high on lets say, a flute will play at an earsplitting pitch, while others on other instruments will play at lower pitches than they should.

I am using macOS 12.5 with an M1 iMac, so maybe the bass included in the speakers has something to do with it, or maybe the CrystalVoice synth included within the app? :?

The game version is Synthesia 10.9.5890

Whats worse with macOS (certain version after 10.6), is that you cannot change the synth file to a better, higher quality synth, so you're stuck with a lousy toy-like 2MB of instruments, which is annoying at times :x

I think with Synthesia 11, maybe we could finally get what Windows users have - SF2 support. I am reporting this sound-related bug to you so we can have it fixed hopefully. ;)
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Do you have a MIDI file that demonstrates this high/wrong pitch behavior? (Does it reproduce consistently? Or is it a random phenomenon?)

I haven't heard anything like that myself or from other users.