Sound set doesn't show up in android app

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
combustia78

Post by combustia78 »

This is my first thread here. Please help me with the soundfont banks in Synthesia in android. I did everything right, i bought it from google store and unlocked the app, then downloaded some .sf2 soundbanks from the internet (some 200mb, some 400-500mb) ,i placed them in the same folder where my midi songs are and the path is there in settings aswell, but in the end the app doesnt show them in settings in settings in "Built-in midi synthesizer ", i dont see the Sound set" submenu. What did i do wrong?i wanted to search for the install folder where the default soundfont is placed so i can add my soundfonts but due to the android os restrictions, i cant browse the data folder. Im using a samsung a22 ultra and have the latest version of synthesia 10.9.5890.
By the way, the voices sounds of the default built-in synth Voice Crystal are awesome, just my opinion.
Thank you,
Kat
Bucharest Romania
Bavi_H

Post by Bavi_H »

Take a look at this thread about a similar problem with .synthesia files: .synthesia file doesn't recognized on Android Tablet

According to posts in that thread:
  • Recent Android versions only allow apps to access certain file types by default. The Synthesia developer Nicholas tried to change Synthesia's permissions to access all files, but it was automatically denied and the appeal form was a dead link.
combustia78

Post by combustia78 »

wow! Tx4sharing. Very good news! So it was indeed a problem with files in android os. I love synthesia, i dont have music talent too much but with this app, i can learn to play following the song patterns and then after i master the pattern, i can mute the voice (right hand) track in a daw and play without help. I just love it! Waiting for the update to be able to use more soundfonts (not that i need it because Voice Crystal sounds amazing but just for experiments). Ill buy also the windows11 version so i can play on big monitor and speakers.
Thank you again. This is wonderful news!
combustia78

Post by combustia78 »

I came back because i just bought the windows version and in this os there is no problem with soundfonts. It is only android related. In windows11 the sound sets menu is visible and all my soundfonts are there in the list.