A Free Video To MIDI Transcriber

Share your original or public domain compositions here!
Request popular music with the suggestion form on the music store, not here!

All MIDI attachments must be one of the following:
  • Your own, original work submitted under some license that permits free private use (I recommend public domain or Creative Commons).
  • Adapted from works created prior to 1923. This goes for both the composition and arrangement. This means you cannot post MIDI versions of recent songs.
bluestreak711

Post by bluestreak711 »

It is December 11, 2019 and I am running Windows 10 and I would say this program worked for me 96% perfect on the first try. Everything recorded an octave higher, but I can play with the settings and most likely fix that. An 88 Key Piano was showing on the screen and the first key is A0 and the last key is C8 and that is how I set it. If you do a rewrite of the program, I would suggest adding a +1 to the variable(s) that dictates selecting the octaves and it should be right. Awesome find!!! Thanks so much!!!
thiagolr

Post by thiagolr »

Would you share the source code in GPL v3?
stepir

Post by stepir »

Hi Anthony

thanks a lot for your work!!! it works really well - I had to spend a day in different try to fully understand but then I was able to convert 7 videos I really wanted to start my lessons :-)

I'm wondering why those contents can't be published given it's based on videos already public? With proper references to who created the original content I mean?
Westie

Post by Westie »

I would like to request the source to this please. This software uses FFMpeg which is GPLv3 licensed and therefore, as you stated so is this software. However there is no source released yet binaries are distributed.

Can you please upload the source , perhaps to github.
Westie

Post by Westie »

thiagolr wrote: 03-20-20 3:24 pm Would you share the source code in GPL v3?
They are compelled to as they are using FFMpeg, disappointing the source was not distributed when you asked as they are on breach of the GPL currently.
thiagolr

Post by thiagolr »

Anyway, no problem, I'm already implementing my own as you may have seen on the other topic!
Westie

Post by Westie »

Agreed. This tool is quite smart in the way it defines the keyboard, I was curious about that function basically.
MSQE

Post by MSQE »

I can’t donwload it :?
Last edited by MSQE on 01-28-23 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MSQE

Post by MSQE »

It say that i have not acess to download it.