(10.9.5893, iPad) all drag functions in “Hands, Colors, and Instruments” section do not work

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
Fraston

Post by Fraston »

All of them. I can’t drag instruments to eachother to copy settings, nor can I drag reset to anything, meaning reset is impossible to use. Please fix, this clearly is not intended behavior.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

I'm very sorry for the trouble. This was accidentally broken while fixing this other bug for the 10.9 release:
While adjusting part settings (hands, colors, instruments, etc.) with one of the popups visible, if the click that dismissed the popup happened to be over one of the draggable icons, a drag operation would begin immediately (instead of waiting until the mouse was moved outside of that control, the way it normally works). When this happened, it was easy to accidentally lose/overwrite a part's settings. Now that first click to dismiss a popup can no longer initiate a drag.
Everything still worked in the desktop versions of Synthesia, but there is a small subtlety in the way touchscreens are handled in our code that broke the dragging operation in our tablet versions. I should have done more thorough testing on our tablet platforms, but this totally slipped past me. Sorry again.

I just made the fix and pushed a 10.9.2 update to the App Store earlier this afternoon. Apple said it went live about 90 minutes ago. So, once you see the update in the store, this should be fixed.
Fraston

Post by Fraston »

Everything works now! Thanks!