Settings option per device: auto restore/enable

Synthesia is a living project. You can help by sharing your ideas.
Search the forum before posting your idea. :D

No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
me-macias

Post by me-macias »

CURRENTLY:

I turn on my keyboard, plug in tablet, run Synthesia, enable keyboard, configure its range, and I practice. Then I turn off everything, unplug tablet.

Next day the same procedure including enabling device, setting its range.

Next day again enabling the same device, setting its range. And so on.

This is repetitive and unnecessary.

SUGGESTION:

With the added option auto-restore it could be like this.

I turn on my keyboard, plug in tablet, run Synthesia, enable keyboard, configure its range, switch on "auto-restore" and I practice. Then I turn off everything, unplug tablet.

The next day, after plugging everything, Synthesia would detect the same device (as today), because this device has "auto-restore" turned on, Synthesia would automatically enable it and restore all its parameters. So right after plugging in I could just practice without manual re-configuring it again and again.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Hmm, your suggestion is how it should already work (without having to enable anything). Unless the keyboard is showing up as a device with a completely new name each time you connect it, Synthesia should recognize things and enable + remember the keyboard range automatically.

It sounds like Synthesia might be having trouble saving its data files on your device. Do you know if the storage on your device is full? Which make/model tablet are you using?