Purchased on iPad and need help

Have questions? Just saying hello? This is the place.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
dk865

Post by dk865 »

Hello! I have bought Synthesia on my iPad, and I thought I could also unlock the Windows version too, but when I found out, I couldn’t, I was kind of upset… You should make a way to have the app generate a key, or link your account, so that you can have it as purchased. I am pretty disappointed, because I want to use synthesia with my computer to record midi, and you can’t do that with an iPad unless you buy a few parts for almost 50 dollars… I love your guy’s application too! Though is there a way to transfer my purchase? I don’t want a refund or anything, I just want a way to transfer it over. I would love this, and no offense, but I would have probably never bought the app on my iPad if I couldn’t use it on my computer, and I would only buy it on my computer. Thanks for reading this! And please help me!
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

dk865 wrote: 01-18-24 4:11 pmYou should make a way to have the app generate a key, or link your account, so that you can have it as purchased.
We do have this... for the Android version. Otherwise, it is against Apple's developer license terms and we're not allowed to let purchases made inside the app work outside the app. (It's a bizarre rule and they are currently fighting several lawsuits tooth-and-nail over it along with a few other battles over related rules.)

It is only because of a recent court loss of theirs a couple years ago that we're finally able to let it go in the other direction: an unlock key purchased from the website can now work inside the iPad version of the app. Even that was against the rules for the first decade of Synthesia for iPad's history.

I am also disappointed; passing the buck to developers to explain that our hands are tied doesn't make our users feel any better. Being subjected to some megacorp's arbitrary rules (so they can exert control over getting a larger percentage of the sale) is very frustrating.