Using keyboard with Synthesia

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
notorious

Post by notorious »

So, my problem is this, I have downloaded Synthesia some time ago, and I thought I need a keyboard to play this properly and learn some songs, now I ordered like 100euros keyboard, which is like uhh.. Miditechs, I can connect it to FL Studio and such, but how to use it on Synthesia? How to access the options to set your keyboard?

Now it wants me to play on my writing keyboard, you know, so how can I change that to my piano-keyboard-thingy?

I'm really sorry for my bad english.
soryy708

Post by soryy708 »

u need a driver. secondly...
before u run synthesia, turn ur keyboard on. it should detect it automaticly. if it dosent, just scroll some stuff at the main menu :mrgreen:
notorious

Post by notorious »

soryy708 wrote:u need a driver. secondly...
before u run synthesia, turn ur keyboard on. it should detect it automaticly. if it dosent, just scroll some stuff at the main menu :mrgreen:
I have drivers and all, and I turn it on before I start Synthesia, but could you be more specific? Where to change what you use to play it (Keyboard, MIDI Keyboard..)
vicentefer31

Post by vicentefer31 »

Download the last Preview of the Game (you can find it here viewtopic.php?f=9&t=916 (at the top in the pink box) and after that when you start the game you have to go to the button "keyboard setup".
Image.
You'll find this screen. There you can select your Keyboard.
It´s very easy to do.

EDIT:
To Nicholas: I think it could be a good idea for the next release you can do something like I show in the this picture. If Input and Output Device are in *red" or it's the first time you have play with Synthesia; you can add a *help* like in the Song Library if you don't have any folder there.
Attachments
Dibujo.png
Dibujo.png (67.49 KiB) Viewed 4401 times
Picasso: I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.
notorious

Post by notorious »

vicentefer31 wrote:Download the last Preview of the Game (you can find it here viewtopic.php?f=9&t=916 (at the top in the pink box) and after that when you start the game you have to go to the button "keyboard setup".
Image.
You'll find this screen. There you can select your Keyboard.
It´s very easy to do.

EDIT:
To Nicholas: I think it could be a good idea for the next release you can do something like I show in the this picture. If Input and Output Device are in *red" or it's the first time you have play with Synthesia; you can add a *help* like in the Song Library if you don't have any folder there.
Thank you guys! I got the problem solved, and I love the Synthesia! It's GREAT! I already learnt my first song, which isn't much but it's a great start! :)