What can I donate?

Have questions? Just saying hello? This is the place.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
AutoItKing

Post by AutoItKing »

Besides cash, what can you use as a donation? I'm a very resourceful person, so I'll think of something. Maybe a new computer? A new keyboard? Some piano learning software? ;)

I don't know what you can use, but what do I know, I'm barely 17.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

I've got most of the other resources I need. I do still have my eye on a piece of 3D software that I'll need for some of the more advanced features later, but that's a little ways out because it's so expensive.

Really, the most valuable support you can provide (even more than donations) is feedback. Whether it's having the patience to work with me while I fix a bug I can't reproduce on my end, or suggesting the feature that goes on to make the game that much better. I can't stress enough how great you guys have been. This community is largely responsible for keeping the project going by fueling it with both enthusiasm and great ideas.

Just keep that stuff coming, and I'll continue to be more grateful than I even know how to express. :)
BazC

Post by BazC »

Nicholas wrote: I do still have my eye on a piece of 3D software that I'll need for some of the more advanced features later, but that's a little ways out because it's so expensive.
I'm a 3d artist so I might be able to help out there, 3d modelling, rendering and simple animation might all be possible if it isn't too time consuming!
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Those ideas are still pretty vague and are a very long way off (a couple years at least). I haven't decided whether there should be any 3D stuff at all, and if there is, whether I should just do "venues" or go quite a bit further.

Until the game feels a lot more "solid", is fun, and can actually do what it claims to (help you learn to play the piano), I'm going to try not to worry about 3D graphics too much.

That said, when the time comes, I may be looking for help. I'm not much of an artist, so I could probably use it.
BazC

Post by BazC »

Feel free to ask! :D