Missing cursor bar in score mode

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
adrianr12

Post by adrianr12 »

When playing using score mode only, the blue cursor bar disappears when dropping down a line of score. It then reappears as soon as a note is pressed.

OS Windows 10
Ver 10.6.5383
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

There is a (slightly) newer version of 10.6 available. If you download it again, it should say 10.6.5425. Does the problem still happen there?

If so, does it always happen? Or only sometimes? (I wasn't able to spot the problem, but we did fix a couple sheet bugs between 5383 and 5425.) Thanks!
adrianr12

Post by adrianr12 »

I have just installed 10.6.5425 and played "1 octave" RH and the blue bar did not appear on the second line till I pressed the correct key. I then played the second line and the blue bar did not appear on the third line till the correct key was pressed.
Scrolling back and replaying the measures also looses the blue bar.
Also if you scroll through the music the blue bar disappears when scrolling forwards and backwards.

If I change the zoom of the score the measure where the blue bar disappears is always the one one where the row changes.

The same behaviour also seems to happen when both hands are played.

Hope this helps
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Thanks for the detailed explanation! I was able to reproduce the problem and fix it. It'll be in the upcoming Synthesia 10.7 dev preview. (That should hit relatively soon. Sometime next week hopefully.)